Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So if titles mean nothing in boxing,how do we determine who is the best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Who you beat, at what point in their career you beat them, at which weight and where you beat them (re. judges/reffing etc).
    how are they anyone if no one even has a title?
    Originally posted by PBP View Post
    The best fighters unify the titles. Winning an alphabet title is a great accomplishment but its just one step towards trying to move to the top and clean out your division.
    on here it seems even unification bouts mean nothing cause titles mean nothing

Comment

titles mean alot in boxing, how else can we tell who the champions are

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        how is a resume determined with not titles? if you won nothing then who are you?

you have manny in you avy and his claim to fame is "8 weight champion"
        Yes, I have Manny in my avi. Doesn't mean I think he's better than Sugar Ray Robinson because he got an 8th division title.

An 8 division is impressive, but I'm not going around bragging about it, like he won the boxer of the century award.

P.S. Try and find one post where I've ever bragged about his 8th division title.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          How exactly do titles make you a better fighter?
          They don't but the best fighters usually end up winning them at some point. Name a current fighter that you consider to be elite that has never won a title.

Comment

How do you unify a division, when there are 2 promotional en******?

You didn't. You're just the undisputed GBP champion. Or you're just the undisputed TR champion.

There is no real unified champs in boxing, other than someone I'm not thinking of right now. Maybe Wlad?

Edit: Maybe a guy like Sergio could do it or did it, since he's with Dibella? Other than that, ionno.
            Last edited by BUNGALOWS; 03-01-2014, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              how are they anyone if no one even has a title?
              Because of who they've beaten. It's not rocket science Larry. Beating Matthysse without a strap is better than beating Peterson with one. Understand?

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                How do you unify a division, when there are 2 promotional en******?

You didn't. You're just the undisputed GBP champion. Or you're just the undisputed TR champion.

There is no real unified champs in boxing, other than someone I'm not thinking of right now. Maybe Wlad?
                Unify just means hold more than one belt. Undisputed is another story.

Comment

[Floyd]We're not fighting to prove who is the best[/Mayweather]
                  Stop crying already. Floyd himself says belts just collect dust.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    Unify just means hold more than one belt. Undisputed is another story.
                    Yeah, I meant undisputed, my bad.

Comment

floyd is about to be unified i 2 divisions at once.... belts arent everything but u cant deny thats incredibe

Comment

Working...
                      X