Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach on Pacquiao’s Late Arrival, Khan Split, Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach on Pacquiao’s Late Arrival, Khan Split, Chavez Jr.

On Saturday afternoon, five-time BWAA Trainer of the Year Freddie Roach stood behind his usual counter at the Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood, fielding questions from a pair of writers as he oversaw the packed gym.

With his prized pupil Manny Pacquiao reportedly choosing to stay in his hometown of General Santos, Philippines, and postpone the American portion of his training camp until October 27, Roach gave BoxingScene.com an update on the matter. [Click Here To Read More]

well he can only blame himself if he gets beat again because it doesnt look like he is 100% commited to boxing anymore.

politics and religion have not helped him in the slightest when it comes to boxing.

Comment

“It’s always going to be a competitive fight,” he said.* “Manny told me he needed a knockout to win.* I’m going to hold him to it, and we’re going go in there looking for a knockout.* Something we didn’t do before, we need to do now, because we’re not going to win a decision.”

Why doesn't Roach feel they can win a decision?

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
        well he can only blame himself if he gets beat again because it doesnt look like he is 100% commited to boxing anymore.

politics and religion have not helped him in the slightest when it comes to boxing.
        I dont think his faith has taking anything from him boxing; if anything the politics have. Faith can help him focus more on boxing actually...

Comment

Three things:

#1 Pac must win by KO or another robbery will certainly take place

#2 Hill is gonna teach Khan how to box,,,,LMAO, the first dude that plants something on that chin he will be ,,,,,,D O N E,,,,,,,,done !

#3 Chavez Jr has a choice;

a. He can buck up and get his life right with weed and alcohol

b. He can train right and be a great fighter, all he needs to do is
          follow Roach

Comment

Roach needs to let his fighters know that when its time to train its time to train. What Chavez did to him on 24/7 was dumb.

Comment

Only reason this fight doesn't make sense is... if Pacquiao loses... everyone is just gonna say "well he beat him twice already" so is there suppose to be a 5th fight?

Comment

Pac has said this already in their third meeting that he really wanted it to happen. They are repeating themselves. Marquez has been down but has never been out, if anything he gets up swinging. The only way they will get to Marquez is with a sustained body attack which means Pac is going to get hit even more

Comment

I genuinely feel bad for roach..and i'm starting to actually feel bad for other people involved on the top rank side..heck even bob arum was recently critical of Manny so there must be more to this than meets the eye and makes it to the public. I felt he slacked off for the last two fights training wise and it seems like we are going down that path again. After hearing pacquiao decided to stay two more weeks on his island I expect Roach to speak up to the media about it..but I can understand now why he wouldn't after all pacquaio has made him more money than all his boxers combined...damn shame tho..people will continue to call manny washed up but who can blame them..he clearly isn't taking training very seriously and i'm starting to smell an upset in the making..bet you this tho..if marquez ko's pacquaio he'll be doing a full 8 weeks in the gym for his next fight or he'll blame it all on Roach the way Amir did.

Comment

Ariza needs to stop putting estrogen in those shakes. he's turned Roach's stable into a house of Divas!
                    Last edited by codey; 10-16-2012, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X