No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ortiz Sees No Issue With 154 Move For Canelo Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ortiz Sees No Issue With 154 Move For Canelo Clash

Former WBC welterweight champion Victor Ortiz is just one step away from another crack at a coveted green belt and knows he must deal with Josesito Lopez on June 23rd before a 154lb title chance against Saul Alvarez. [Click Here To Read More]

you want the floyd rematch vic , youre in the right path.

beat canelo and be the #2 jmw weight then fight floyd for the lineal.

my guess is , canelo makes this mental midget quit and embarrsses himself infront of hundreds of thousands once again.

Comment

I give Ortiz the edge because he has hit rock bottom already. He knows what it's like for everyone to question his heart/dedication. He's had some rough fights. He did some dumb **** against Floyd, but he knows he has to move on. He lost, and he'll probably be looking to come back stronger.

Canelo hasn't had any opposition that will come at him with the intensity that Ortiz will. Canelo hasn't fought anyone yet where he's experienced massive discomfort. His stamina was looking questionable against Cintron too, and his low work-rate will make him a sitting duck. We also don't know how he'll handle a southpaw yet. I think people should not be fooled by Ortiz's past mental fragility, he will be up for this fight. I back Ortiz on this one.

Comment

Wartiz will knock him the **** out.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          I give Ortiz the edge because he has hit rock bottom already. He knows what it's like for everyone to question his heart/dedication. He's had some rough fights. He did some dumb **** against Floyd, but he knows he has to move on. He lost, and he'll probably be looking to come back stronger.

Canelo hasn't had any opposition that will come at him with the intensity that Ortiz will. Canelo hasn't fought anyone yet where he's experienced massive discomfort. His stamina was looking questionable against Cintron too, and his low work-rate will make him a sitting duck. We also don't know how he'll handle a southpaw yet. I think people should not be fooled by Ortiz's past mental fragility, he will be up for this fight. I back Ortiz on this one.
          Good post, man. I agree.

While I think Canelo is gonna win that fight, if Ortiz comes as hungry & as relentless as he did against Berto, anything could happen.

Gonna be a great fight.

Comment

Fight is gonna be dynamite.

Comment

Canelo will bust Ortiz up...it'll be a hell of a fight but Ortiz would get sonned.

Comment

I'm just not completely sold on Ortiz being able to handle the heavier shot. Alvarez has to have some kind of a responsible defense if CompuBox's latest +/- rating finds Alvarez a close second to FMJ's +/- 25%, at 18%. That can be the difference in my view. Ortiz will get touched often while Alvarez uses his craft on the defensive end. On the other hand, Alvarez was rocked by Jose Miguel Cotto and he looked to almost have been taken out in that fight. I'm not sure if Alvarez can hold Ortiz' shots. I'm not even sure if Ortiz' power will translate at 154lbs. We'll just have to wait and see. Good job on GBP's part in putting this fight together. Ortiz seemed to be fishing for a fight with Canelo. I guess he feels that he's going to take away the title that he feels the WBC just blessed him with. I think Ortiz will carry the promotion with his general disdain for Canelo. When the Mexican Independence Day PPV popped off on 2010, Ortiz and Alvarez were co-features on the bill and they seemed to be good friends and stablemates. I was surprised when I heard Ortiz talking down. They get a chance to handle that.

Comment

He's a big dude. Didn't think he would. He's bigger than Cotto.

Comment

If Ortiz beats Alvarez, he'd be a 2 weight champ coming off a huge win, and the #2 or #3 SWW in the world. I would not mind seeing Floyd rematch him in December if that happens.

Comment

Working...
                    X