Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britain vs US, who invented the best sports and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain obv.

It's funny seeing people arguing about sports. I like watching the majority of sports - football, cricket, rugby, tennis, Am. football, basketball. Wasn't a big fan of US sports few years ago but I'm really getting into them now especially with the continuous pussification of football.

Comment

Also may I reply to the guy who said china invented football. Yes perhaps they did use a ball and kick it as a sport, but I don't think the rules that the game is played by today is comparable as just kicking a ball.

90'minutes, certain size goal, lines, fouls etc make it what it is. Much like boxing is not like hitting someone in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
        The tax for watching TV is cheaper than 2 PPV's.

We pay 25 dollars a ppv but get fights like Matweather - Oriz free anyway.

How can you say more watchable and then disqualify the numbers that watch it? That just becomes an opinion.

Yeah I am the best boxer in the whole world even though I got knocked out by a guy who has never lost?

Watchable as I stated was preference. No need to twist !!!

As far as your telly tax I'd say thats quite dear. Funny thing is you pay the same amount just to watch a commercial !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
          Nothing against the US

But if you got a developed country the size of Europa you'd expect them to win accordingly, yes?
          Premier league has the best soccer players in the world, for a country that invented soccer, they sure suck at winning the trophy.

That size cop-out, you can throw that out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post

As far as your telly tax I'd say thats quite dear. Funny thing is you pay the same amount just to watch a commercial !!!
            The fact that it is taxed means stupid shows like Jersey Shore and what not that collectively reduce the nations IQ aren't produced but shows like Planet Earth are.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
              Premier league has the best soccer players in the world, for a country that invented soccer, they sure suck at winning the trophy.

That size cop-out, you can throw that out the window.
              wtf has the league got to do with the national team? League teams can have foreign players.

Comment

Originally posted by Repeddled View Post
                The fact that it is taxed means stupid shows like Jersey Shore and what not that collectively reduce the nations IQ aren't produced but shows like Planet Earth are.
                For every ignorant American show I'm sure there's an English equivalent !!!

Comment

In terms of the tax, it isn#t cheap, but isn't too bad. It's actually a tax for the BBC where we get to see quite a lot of programmmes and use their on line i player where you can choose what to watch.

The BBC has no adverts at all so no interuptions. We certainly don't pay as much for HBO or SHowtime as you guys do compared to our own Satelite companies.

Paying 55,60 dollar PPV for boxing adds up a lot more if you are really into the sport.

In my opinion Baseball is not watchable. It is quite slow and boring to me.

American football again is slow because there are so many damn stoppages. Not watchable in my eyes either.

Comment

Don't listen to squeal. He is a confused Canuckastainian Brit transplant. So his hate goes double deep.

Comment

For every ignorant American show I'm sure there's an English equivalent !!!
                      Nope not on the BBC maybe on the ones that have adverts but the BBC is the most respected media organization in the world and has the widest reach globally. I'm not saying it's 100% good shows but as they're run by the taxpayer the quality is vastly superior to other channels.

Comment

Working...
                      X