No announcement yet.

Israel wants free warships from Germany

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    I'm sorry, I was responding to the accusation that Israel receives "more military aid than the rest of the world combined" and using the US foreign aid website with their numbers I showed this to be false. Now you're questioning my reasoning on the basis of Iraq having "scruffy" uniforms?
    Not their uniforms, I didn't say that. I said their millitary looked scruffy due to out of date equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
      Not their uniforms, I didn't say that. I said their millitary looked scruffy due to out of date equipment.
      It doesn't matter to my argument. Iraq got over $4 billion in military aid in 2007, Afganistan got over $3 billion, Israel for less than $2.5 billion. This basically means that Israel doesn't even get the most military aid from the US, let alone getting more than anyone else.

Comment

This is untrue. In 2007 (the last available year for reporting) Israel recieved $2.34 billion from the US in total military aid. In the same year the total US expenditure in military aid for all recipients was over 13 billion, so Israel received just 18% of military aid given by the US.

Iraq and Afghanistan both received more military aid than Israel in 2007.

http://gbk.eads.usaidallnet.gov/data/index.html
        that's just the military grant and not the economic. it's not included in that number.

Comment

This is untrue. In 2007 (the last available year for reporting) Israel recieved $2.34 billion from the US in total military aid. In the same year the total US expenditure in military aid for all recipients was over 13 billion, so Israel received just 18% of military aid given by the US.

Iraq and Afghanistan both received more military aid than Israel in 2007.

http://gbk.eads.usaidallnet.gov/data/index.html
          Faulty comparison. The U.S owns both those countries, so its like giving themselves the money.

Why the fuk are we giving money to any foreign nation to begin with???

As a taxpayer, I was never consulted about this. Foreign aid is bull****.Spend that money here where it is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
            that's just the military grant and not the economic. it's not included in that number.
            Well the total economic aid (not counting military) worldwide was $28 billion in 2007, of which Israel received just $167 million. The top country was again Iraq with over $4 billion. Russia received more than Israel in economic aid with just shy of $1.5 billion.

In total Israel received $2.517 billion in aid in 2007 including both military and economic aid.

So your entire premise is false, Israel does not receive "more aid than everyone else in the world". Israel receives considerably less than Iraq, quite a lot less than Afghanistan in military aid, and doesn't come close to the top ten in economic aid.

I can see both sides of the story but I don't like seeing lies being propagated, and essentially that's what this claim is. I'm not saying that your lying, but I am suggesting that your source may be.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore
              The military aid to Iraq and Afghanistan was to help to prop up the puppet pro-US & Israel governments the US set up in those countries. The Iraq and Afghan wars were for the purpose of fighting Israel's enemies, so the cost of those wars should be considered as indirect aid to Israel.

Plus the money given over the years to Jordan and Egypt was largely to keep the peace between them and Israel.
              You are so full of ****. No wonder you don't have a job.

Comment

back on topic.

germany gives israel aid does it not?

what's wrong about israel asking for specifically what they want?

when other countries get aid don't they generally ask for what they need/want?

Comment

Why is there no compensation for the more than 20 million Christians killed by the Jewish-led Bolsheviks in the years after the October 1917 communist revolution in the USSR?
                  Ah yes, the Jews were responsible for the dead under Stalin.

You are an unconscionable piece of garbage aren't you?

Why are the Armenians not receiving compensation for the genocide of 1916-1917?
                  You're not blaming jews for this one too are you?

Comment

... Nein!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore
                      I have a job.

Lie, insult and smear. That's what you keep on doing, over and over again. You are a despicable scumbag.
                      Tunney at work:

Comment

Working...
                      X