NSB myth is that all the past ATGs fought everyone and its not the case at all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you guys really lack reading comprehension skills

I never said any one ducked anyone

I said " judge fighters based off what they have done, and not what they have not done."

and yall got ducking from that...am I missing something....oh no im not just the typical NSB bull

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic
      De la Hoya didn't duck Winky. Winky was the one that turned down a fight with DLH. Also DLH didn't duck Forrest. DLH had lost to Mosley and Mosley/Forrest fought.
      I think he means after Forrest beat Mosley the second time.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        I think he means after Forrest beat Mosley the second time.
        I never said DLH ducked him but with these guys logic it means just because a fighter didn't fight someone in their era, that means that they ducked them which is something I disagree with.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          I never said DLH ducked him but with these guys logic it means just because a fighter didn't fight someone in their era, that means that they ducked them which is something I disagree with.
          No I get it. And I agree with you. Ultimately you're measured by who you fought, not who you didn't fight. No one really knows the inner workings of why fights are or aren't made. Jones didn't fight Micalczewski. Calzaghe didn't fight prime Jones. Mayweather didn't fight Pacquiao. Pac didn't fight Mayweather. Pick a fighter and you'll find several opponents he didn't face. You go by what they accomplished.

Comment

No I get it. And I agree with you. Ultimately you're measured by who you fought, not who you didn't fight. No one really knows the inner workings of why fights are or aren't made. Jones didn't fight Micalczewski. Calzaghe didn't fight prime Jones. Mayweather didn't fight Pacquiao. Pac didn't fight Mayweather. Pick a fighter and you'll find several opponents he didn't face. You go by what they accomplished.

THANK YOU BRO they were making this thread into another typical FLOYD/MANNY THREAD or like I was bashing SRR....I KNOW, you know, and they know Robinson didn't fight all of the best of his era so why is it a big deal when some one states a fact on this forum....outside of Ali and Joe Louis who are heavyweights, its rare when a fighter cleans out his era, let alone weight class

Ray Robinson is still the greatest of all time or at the very least top 3 depending on who you ask

I think you may have been one of, if not the only one to reply to this thread and not jump off the deep end and took time to comprehend the topic of the thread

Out of all the threads a while ago about fighters being illiterate, its sad most the people on this forum are.

Comment

THANK YOU BRO they were making this thread into another typical FLOYD/MANNY THREAD or like I was bashing SRR....I KNOW, you know, and they know Robinson didn't fight all of the best of his era so why is it a big deal when some one states a fact on this thread....outside of Ali and Joe Louis who are heavyweights, its rare when a fighter cleans out his era, let alone weight class

Ray Robinson is still the greatest of all time or at the very least top 3 depending on who you ask

I think you may have been one of, if not the only one to reply to this thread and not jump off the deep end and took time to comprehend the topic of the thread

Out of all the threads a while ago about fighters being illiterate, its sad most the people on this forum are.
              Yeah it's almost impossible. Timing, negotiations, etc. Yeah that's something I learned a long time ago. I may have a personal opinion as to why a fight didn't happen but it would be a little childish to go off of that. You judge a fighter by what he did. The rest is left to opinion but hard to argue against results (usually).

Comment

Yeah it's almost impossible. Timing, negotiations, etc. Yeah that's something I learned a long time ago. I may have a personal opinion as to why a fight didn't happen but it would be a little childish to go off of that. You judge a fighter by what he did. The rest is left to opinion but hard to argue against results (usually).
                you just summed it up

Comment

I see that you two are still discussing Floyd without saying the name Floyd ...... come on, you can do it. Just say the word ...... "FLOYD"

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                    I see that you two are still discussing Floyd without saying the name Floyd ...... come on, you can do it. Just say the word ...... "FLOYD"
                    sorry to disappoint you but it's not about floyd or Manny

Its about all the great fighters ive watched in my lifetime who people say didnt do this, or that but act like atg in the past fought everyone when its not the case

My point is it is not possible to fight every one in your era....they didn't then, they dont now

Judge fighters for what they have done, not for what they haven't done

If Mayweather/pacquaio bickering is your thing, go to another thread this one aint for ya

Comment

sorry to disappoint you but it's not about floyd or Manny

Its about all the great fighters ive watched in my lifetime who people say didnt do this, or that but act like atg in the past fought everyone when its not the case

My point is it is not possible to fight every one in your era....they didn't then, they dont now

Judge fighters for what they have done, not for what they haven't done

If Mayweather/pacquaio bickering is your thing, go to another thread this one aint for ya
                      Please, be honest with yourself. Floyd was written all over your posts. You can't hide that you were thinking about your hero Floyd.

I watched Ali fight. He called out everybody. Did he fight everybody? You can't but he fought who people thought that he had to fight to be called the greatest. Some of those fights, he was heavily the underdog and some he had no chance ..... but he took them and was calling out for them, win or lose.

Some don't want to go Ali's route and state so. That is OK but then don't come back and say that you are the best because you are not. All you did was beat fighters that people expected you to win. Big deal! I can name you many fighters that had an "0" on their record up until they stepped it up and faced competition that made them no longer the favorite.

Comment

Working...
                      X