Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you say the Super 6 has been a bust or a success so far ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been one of the best things to happen in boxing for a while. There's no other way we would have gotten the kind of fights we're getting. Kessler having to outgun an undefeated Froch right after getting beaten up by Ward. Direll and Ward fighting at all. AA and Froch fighting eachother while both are coming off losses? Impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
      How many of us, as well as the casual fans, would honestly be paying this much attention to the smw division if not for this tourney.
      That says all you need to know about the success of this tourney. IDK if it is a huge boon financially but for us fans we couldn't ask for more.

Comment

It's been whack.

I mean it was a good idea but it sucks in actuality, Bute ain't involved, the fights are too far apart and the mainstream press is ignoring it.

the quality of the fights has been good though i give it that

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
          How many of us, as well as the casual fans, would honestly be paying this much attention to the smw division if not for this tourney.
          Great point

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          So far it has been somewhat of a letdown for me. The spirit of the event has been watered down by a lot of bickering, hometown decisions and controversy.

The loss of Taylor also made me lose some interest. I know it was necessary, but to me it just has not felt the same without him.

It can still finish strong though. If we are lucky it can turn around and give us exciting fights.
          Yeah, the decisions have been awful and I do think that the fights that have been held in America, the fan turnout has been dismal, that's why its had alot of "injuries".

The concept is great, but I don't like the round-robin style tournament, I do think that all the fights should've been all held in one venue.

Comment

I agree that the fights have been too far apart but on a whole they have been enjoyable. Added to that, would these guys have fought each other this quickly? You would have probably had a main fight, tune up and then maybe another big fight, if we were lucky. Also, the controversy has added a lot of post fight discussion, e.g. would Abraham have knocked our Dirrell if he didn't get disqualified, did Froch get a hometown gift against Dirrell and then have it happen to him with Kessler? As others have said, it caused me to watch the SMM when I probably wouldn't have.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
              Great point

Yeah, the decisions have been awful and I do think that the fights that have been held in America, the fan turnout has been dismal, that's why its had alot of "injuries".

The concept is great, but I don't like the round-robin style tournament, I do think that all the fights should've been all held in one venue.

So you want no one to make money?

Cool.

Comment

I've loved it! Stars like Ward & Dirrell are getting their chances and are shining. Froch has gained my respect for his guts but he still has been exposed. If he gets KO'd by Abraham I think he breaks down. Thank God for the dead Abraham monster hype. The best guys are shining and the fights are just starting to come.

It's great watching the best come out of this. I can't wait for Andre Ward vs Chad Dawson. it's a beautiful thing. Without this, where are Andre Dirrell & Andre Ward today or in a year or 2? It'd probably be like the middleweights with all the good talent in hiding.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  So you want no one to make money?

Cool.
                  Man, who says some of the fights have made money(especially the Ward-Abraham and Ward fights in Oakland) . Did you read that article about how many free ticket giveaways they gave at the fights I mentioned ?

Of course, I want the fighters to make money,but, the fights that have been held Stateside have had dismal fan turnouts.

Comment

At the end of the day we've seen 6 very quality, relevant fights in one division over the past year.

That rarely happens. So regardless of the controversies and Taylor being bounced out, it has accomplished what it set out to do, and I am so impressed.

And to be honest, I didn't think it'd even get this far....and we are going to see at least the 3rd stage. That's 9 fights between top SMW's in about a year and a half. In what way is that not ****ing awesome?

Comment

It has been great, nobody is really running away with the thing cause all fighters are competitive. Only the Taylor/Green spot is the non-competitive spot. Atleast for Taylor he was more in the fight trying than Green was

Comment

Working...
                      X