Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the penalty if Margs comes over the weight limit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the penalty if Margs comes over the weight limit?

I know sometimes the WBC has that 20% of the purse is taken away like the Baldomir-Alvarez fight. But is there an additional penalty for Margs like 1 million per round?

Because he might just do what Mayweather did to Marquez and come over the limit and lose million(s) in order to show that he won't play the rules dictated by the pac camp. The title still will be on the line since it won't be over 154, and it might be a good psychological ploy to do on Roach and pac.

Personally, if it was a million per pound, i may come in at 152 in order to get into my opponents head.

He'll have absolutely no trouble whatsoever making weight.

Comment

The unofficial penalty is that his career is over. He's a career welterweight FFS. If he can't make weight to make a catchweight for 154... he's in a lot of trouble, especially since he looked average against Garcia and lost his only other career appearance at 154 against Daniel Santos.

Comment

He won't come in over-weight. If he's a point or so over the limit, he'll just take the bricks off.

Comment

if he doesn't make weight then force him to fight at 154 from then on

Comment

I was interested in the official penalty. Henry Armstrong was a featherweight, Lightweight, and Welterweight champion. He fought fillipino Cerefino Garcia for the middleweight title but came in like 147 against the bigger opponent. There was no catchweight, and the fight ended up as a draw.

I think the catchweight is a roach game to get into the opponents head. Sure margs is mainly a career WW, but he is older now and he did come in at 154 in his last fight. I wouldn't be suprised after he fully hyrdrates that he comes in at 165.

Comment

He should make it easy (the weight).

However, I did read a comment by Freddy saying if he comes in even one pound over the agreed limit, there would be no fight. That's the worst kind of penalty.

I been googling like crazy for the link to the story but can't find it... Maybe I was drunk that night and imagined it.

Comment

Working...
              X