Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight Limit Penalty for Pac Marg Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
    It's not for the 154 title I don't know why you keep saying that, it's for the Junior Middleweight title and any fight where both fighters weigh in between 148-154 pounds are fighting in the junior middleweight division. 154 pounds is just the maximum limit to be considered a junior middleweight.

I'm sorry there Dunn I respect your opinion but trying to argue numbers is litttle overboard here.

The "Junior middleweight" division is any fight that occurs between 148-154 pounds. Any fight!
    Semantically you are correct. Respectfully, the 154 lb champ can defend his title against anyone under 154 lbs. So a 147 lb fighter can fight and win the 154 lb title. As for this fight, if marg comes in at 151-154, he may/may not be eligible to win the title.

Yes a 150 lb fight is a jr mw fight we agree. But if you are fighting for the 154 lb title that should be the max weight you can come in at.

If he has to pay a penalty or is ineligible to win the 154 lb title by coming in at 151-154 lbs then THAT IS DISGRACEFUL!!

Comment

Dumbass

It Pacquiao doesnt make the weight also,then he will pay to Margarito!

END OF THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by CungLe View Post
        Dumbass

It Pacquiao doesnt make the weight also,then he will pay to Margarito!

END OF THREAD
        you get dumber every day. at least you made up some **** yesterday

Comment

Going by the Pacquiao camps steady increase in weight penalty figures it will probably be 1 thumb cut off per pound and his life if he weighs in at 153+.

Comment

Originally posted by southcentralcar View Post
            how can it be jr middleweight division if you cant weigh more than 150 ? margarito would get penalised for coming in at 151 152 153 154 in a ****in jmw title bout ! its disrespect to every real champions who win titles without this bull****
            Because 150 pounds is the jr middle weight class. And both fighters are gonna agree to it so once again I don't understand why you Floyd fans are making a big deal out of nothing. Seems like a waste of time to discredit a Pac over something that hasnt even happened yet.

Comment

I imagine these boards would get hectic if they don't put a clause in the contract for a weight penalty (or one that's hefty enough). Margarito comes in at 151.5, and then rehydrates to super middle weight.

Things would get real ugly real fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                Semantically you are correct. Respectfully, the 154 lb champ can defend his title against anyone under 154 lbs. So a 147 lb fighter can fight and win the 154 lb title. As for this fight, if marg comes in at 151-154, he may/may not be eligible to win the title.

Yes a 150 lb fight is a jr mw fight we agree. But if you are fighting for the 154 lb title that should be the max weight you can come in at.

If he has to pay a penalty or is ineligible to win the 154 lb title by coming in at 151-154 lbs then THAT IS DISGRACEFUL!!

With all due respect Tony doesn't have to agree to it either, nobody is forcing him to fight at that weight. And how is it disgraceful come on now he's fighting a man who naturally is two weight classes bigger than him it evens out for christ sake!

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                  With all due respect Tony doesn't have to agree to it either, nobody is forcing him to fight at that weight. And how is it disgraceful come on now he's fighting a man who naturally is two weight classes bigger than him it evens out for christ sake!
                  I hate that argument, only with Pac have I seen people making this ridiculous, "well hes naturally bigger, so its ok" point. Aren't you supposed to fight guys who are naturally bigger than you when you go up in class? Isn't the idea to challenge yourself against bigger competition? When RJJ went up to heavy he didn't make Ruiz weigh in at a catch weight. Catchweights shouldn't be used to even the playing field, otherwise this 8th belt is meaningless as he tries to turn a junior middle into a welter.
                  Last edited by Miniwheels14; 07-26-2010, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X