Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward defeats Smith, who would you like to see him in with before the end of 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
    Bro, the SMW division is very good.
    Not really. It's full of past prime fighters for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      it would be the biggest fight in ggg career, not the other way around

168 is full of good talent, 160 not so much
      Full of talent that doesn't pan out, like the Dirrells.

Comment

Before I can say he beats Ward...he has to knockout someone near or just below that level....Sadly that kind of talent isn't at 168

He hasn't faced anyone that would indicate to me he could kayo someone so accomplished and so skilled

Ward has beat people more accomplished and just as talented if not more talented than GGG is
        I wouldn't expect a repeat of Trinidad/Hopkins.

It's a high risk fight against Golovkin for sure. Ward's length and speed will favor him to score quick shots from the outside and to keep moving. On the inside he maybe to strong over the course of the fight and wear Golovkin down. At the same time his mauling style may simply neutralize Golovkin's offense.

But Ward needs 12 rounds to beat Golovkin, where Golovkin is capable of ending the fight at anytime. Ward hasn't demonstrated that he posses the power to stop Golovkin. He's countless times failed to even come close to stopping vastly inferior opposition like Rodriguez, Green, Miranda, and Kolle. He's been visibly hurt in fights with Bika and Abraham, guys who were incapable of following up on it.

When he resorts to clinching it'll get nasty, similar to the Bika fight. Golovkin routinely practices against clinching, he won't sit and wait for the ref to break it up like Froch or Kessler. On the outside he's going to work his jab like Abraham had success with for the first 3 rounds of his fight with Ward before he gassed.

Vernon Forrest hadn't fought anybody anywhere near as skilled as Shane Mosely, but it was an easy fight to call. Opportunity doesn't equate ability.

Comment

Depends on how Ward looks. He should outclass this guy but he needs to get some rounds in. Ward should look at DeGale next IMO. I don't see a GGG fight happening this year, not while Golovkin is waiting on Cotto-Canelo and its aftermath.

Comment

The way I look at it, Ward is still fresh. He stayed in the gym, got more rest for his body, and has had plenty of time to prepare for Smith. It's not like he was injured or lost motivation like other boxers who have time off. He was out simply because of issues with his promoter. This guy Smith would've never had this opportunity in his life if it hadn't been for the layoff. He has no business in there with Ward.

In short, Smith is probably getting knocked the fuck out or stopped due to accumulation of blows.

Comment

Kovalev

Froch rematch is pointless, first fight wasn't that close

GGG is too small whether he himself says so or not, he's barely big enough for 160 and despite his baby face he's 33...

Groves/DeGale are solid fights but nothing would have the buzz around it that Ward-Kovalev would.

Same height, Ward billed as 1 inch taller. Andre had an Olympic Gold medal at 178 lbs and is now fighting at a 172 pound catchweight so 175 will be pretty familiar ground. Kovalev-Ward should be the fight everyone wants assuming Andre looks good in his comeback.

I used to like him and I think people will put his bizarre mid career hiatus in the past if he can beat another top 168, fight Kovalev, he would have a great career.
              Last edited by ////; 06-05-2015, 10:52 PM.

Comment

bro are you serious, or just a serious big fan of GGG

GGG wouldn't even be his biggest win to date....Froch and Kessler did more in the pros

Ward can fight anyone at 168-175 with real challenges

GGG is in arguably the worst division in the sport

if he wants challenges, big bucks, he has to fight Froch, Degale, Ward
                ARE YOU SERIOUS!!? You just sound like a big hater, always trying to **** on GGG for no reason, what has this guy done to you lol. GGG is the draw, GGG doesn't need to move up because haters like you want him to. GGG is in the division that's going to get him MONEY!! What fight will give Ward big money? Oh that's right GGG!!!!!
                Ward is stuck in a difficult position. Listen GGG-Ward will happen when GGG and his team want it to happen (when he finally gets the money fight or fights and cleans up the 160 division), which will probably take a few years.
                James DeGale won't be in a hurry to fight Ward, not because of fear, but they probably know that Ward is the most difficult challenge. DeGale's team is going to build him up, they don't need Ward lmao. DeGale has a big fight against Groves (if Groves beats Jack), they're not going to mess that up; then the rematch with Andre DIRRELL will be big (first fight was so entertaining). I seriously doubt this happens, but incase GGG-Froch doesn't happen, DeGale-Froch would be a HUGE fight (that's if Froch wants to).
                DeGale and GGG are chilling, they have big things coming up for them on the horizon and Ward will struggle to get any sort of big fight hahaha.
                By the way DeGale-GGG will be even bigger in a few years when they are even more established, who needs Ward lol?
                Ward will get knocked out against Kovalev at 175 as well.

And Yes, I'm a big fan of GGG!! I've only been a fan for a year, I used to doubt him and he's proven me wrong and I like his style. Want to cry about it .

Comment

Smith rematch!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                    ARE YOU SERIOUS!!? You just sound like a big hater, always trying to **** on GGG for no reason, what has this guy done to you lol. GGG is the draw, GGG doesn't need to move up because haters like you want him to. GGG is in the division that's going to get him MONEY!! What fight will give Ward big money? Oh that's right GGG!!!!!
                    Ward is stuck in a difficult position. Listen GGG-Ward will happen when GGG and his team want it to happen (when he finally gets the money fight or fights and cleans up the 160 division), which will probably take a few years.
                    James DeGale won't be in a hurry to fight Ward, not because of fear, but they probably know that Ward is the most difficult challenge. DeGale's team is going to build him up, they don't need Ward lmao. DeGale has a big fight against Groves (if Groves beats Jack), they're not going to mess that up; then the rematch with Andre DIRRELL will be big (first fight was so entertaining). I seriously doubt this happens, but incase GGG-Froch doesn't happen, DeGale-Froch would be a HUGE fight (that's if Froch wants to).
                    DeGale and GGG are chilling, they have big things coming up for them on the horizon and Ward will struggle to get any sort of big fight hahaha.
                    By the way DeGale-GGG will be even bigger in a few years when they are even more established, who needs Ward lol?
                    Ward will get knocked out against Kovalev at 175 as well.

And Yes, I'm a big fan of GGG!! I've only been a fan for a year, I used to doubt him and he's proven me wrong and I like his style. Want to cry about it .
                    I'm a fan but I'm realistic

His weight division sucks and until he faces elite guys I'm not overly impressed

Lee, qullin and lemieux would be good fights to see... See him in their with guys that can punch and with decent skills

The money for GGG is at 168...degale holds a title and he n groves are huge in the uk, ward is one the comeback trail n undefeated , bika would make a good first fight at 168 that tough SOB

He doesn't have many options at 160 that could compete and bring in decent bread...maybe cotto n quillen

Comment

I'd like to see him fight DeGale.

Comment

Working...
                      X