Clear All

• GBP preparing to file suit against Haymon

http://www.si.com/boxing/2015/04/27/...haymon-lawsuit
    *edit
    Letter to Attorney General
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...EXU4ajYGQo/pub

Surprised I didn't see this here soon as I got back

Tidbits I saw while reading

In its anti-trust argument, Golden Boy is expected to contend that Haymon is using his monopoly as a boxing manager***8212;Haymon represents more than 150 fighters, legally creating a vastly larger market share than any other manager***8212;to create another monopoly for promoting TV fights. The Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act, commonly known as the Ali Act, expressly prohibits managers from acting as promoters. While other promoters have accused Haymon of violating the Ali act in the past, legal sources briefed on the lawsuit believe a recent article in Sports Business Journal on the PBC***8212;in which Haymon Boxing executive Ryan Caldwell was quoted about the PBC model***8212;strengthened Golden Boy***8217;s case.
    California Unfair Competition laws prohibit fraudulent or misleading business practices. It is expected that Golden Boy will cite violations of the Ali Act again here; in addition, per legal sources familiar with the lawsuit, Golden Boy could cite article 396 of California***8217;s Code of Regulations that prohibits ***8220;any member, stockholder, director or officer thereof or matchmaker or assistant matchmaker shall act directly or indirectly as manager of a boxer***8221; and seek a TRO following a preliminary hearing and a permanent injunction if they win the case.
    Last edited by Hougigo; 04-29-2015, 10:59 AM.

Not surprising, Im sure everyone knew it was coming.

Monopoly defense is weak and wont go anywhere. Ali Act, I'm interested to see how the rule applies to Haymon's arrangement with puppet promoters

Comment

Just read it. Pretty sure Goldenboy is either going to win a/o Haymon will try to settle, which is like pleading no contest in civil suits. Karma is a scorned bi.tch

Comment

I don't see this going anywhere. Haymon is an "advisor". His fighters have their own managers and GYM, Dibella, Warriors, etc. are the promoters.

He's maneuvered his way around it.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
          Not surprising, Im sure everyone knew it was coming.

Monopoly defense is weak and wont go anywhere. Ali Act, I'm interested to see how the rule applies to Haymon's arrangement with puppet promoters
          Second half with the Ali Act is what I want to see.

I wanna read this SBJ article with the PBC COO

Comment

Wow, looks like Oscar is really going to try and make life for Haymon hell. Can't blame him for the shat they tried to pull.

Comment

Oscar is so butt hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 117-111 View Post
                I don't see this going anywhere. Haymon is an "advisor". His fighters have their own managers and GYM, Dibella, Warriors, etc. are the promoters.

He's maneuvered his way around it.
                Exactly........

Comment

I think this is the article

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Jou...pth/Main.aspx?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X