Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think years from now Floyd will regret not fighting Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by True Alpha Male View Post
    Floyd will end up like Tyson and lose all his money....

Then he will come back for the Pac fight to pay off his debts...

He will come into the fight a mental wreck....

Then Pac will make him do the booty dew....
    Debts or no debts, Floyd is already a mental wreck every time you mention Pac's name.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
      As long as his bankroll is looking right, no.

But when he loses all his money, and all he has is his legacy to look back on, he'll probably cry himself to sleep every night, regretting the fact that he never had that one marquee fight to cement himself as a top 10 ATG.
      Let's be clear that Manny is not top 10 either, so slow down. Top 10 of all time, you have to do a whoooooooooooooooooole lot to get there, and I just don't see any modern fighter being able to crack in that door. Even if he did fight Manny, that would not have been enough for him to be in my top 10. Simply because I didn't believe Manny to be a threat so beating him, outside of shutting up those who couldn't call this fight for what it really was, a win would not have done that much.

Comment

Seeing how he really doesn't seem to care about what fans think of him and the fact that he still has plenty of money coming in I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
          Let's be clear that Manny is not top 10 either, so slow down. Top 10 of all time, you have to do a whoooooooooooooooooole lot to get there, and I just don't see any modern fighter being able to crack in that door. Even if he did fight Manny, that would not have been enough for him to be in my top 10. Simply because I didn't believe Manny to be a threat so beating him, outside of shutting up those who couldn't call this fight for what it really was, a win would not have done that much.
          If Floyd had beaten Pac in 09-10 I would give him all the respect in the world.
          He would be the best and a top ten ATG...
          But he didn't so he will never get my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by CJRock View Post
            Of course he will regret not fighting Paquaio , Margarito & a few others. His legacy is badly stained by his blatant ducking of both these fighters.
            Don't get me wrong Floyd is probably one of the most natural God Given Talents ever in boxing BUT talent alone does not make a boxer an ATG. He also needs he heart & cojones of a champion. Sadly Floyd seems to lack both by his blatant ducking of anyone he considers a risk to his beloved 0
            Floyd may well have beaten both Manny & Tony but we will never know now.
            Even if he's lost to one or the other his legacy would STILL be far better that it will be now. Better a brave fighter who was beaten by a better man on the night than a coward who ducked purely so he didn't have to risk that 0
            He will never receive the recognition his talents deserve his lack of cojones let him down
            You don't get penalized for not fighting a proven cheater who's skill level was below low and you don't get 100% of the blame when dealing with Pacquiao and Arum.

Comment

And who are you? Because YOU don't believe Manny beats Floyd, that means the fight wouldn't have cemented their legacies into the upper echelon.

At the least top 20. Hands down, guaranteed.

Comment

No.

But he sure as hell will be asked about it until the day he dies.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                  And who are you? Because YOU don't believe Manny beats Floyd, that means the fight wouldn't have cemented their legacies into the upper echelon.

At the least top 20. Hands down, guaranteed.
                  For Manny maybe, not Floyd.

Comment

You don't get penalized for not fighting a proven cheater who's skill level was below low and you don't get 100% of the blame when dealing with Pacquiao and Arum.
                    Change your username.

"Proven cheater". By all accounts, Manny's never had any sort of scandal surrounding his drug tests. If I recall, Floyd was the one with 3 dodgy tests, covered up by GBP.

Let's not go that route.

If Manny's a cheater, then Floyd is as well.

Comment

I think Floyd will sleep like a baby when he retires, he holds money above his legacy so I honestly don't think he cares about opinions. He's got a ton of money and a solid resume. Trainers, fighters, analysts and ATG's have all come out and said the man's an all time great, as a fan I'm ok with that. I think Manny is the one who's bothered by this right now. I say that because I think he really does think he could beat Floyd. I'm sure it's annoying for someone to bring Floyd up every single time he's interviewed, and I'm sure he doesn't like that Floyd is universally recognized as the best, when he believes he can beat him. I think he'll stop caring when his career is over, but as of right now, I think Manny regret's not making the money he could have made and regrets not getting Floyd in the ring. He made his decisions and he wanted to be treated fairly in negotiations, this is what happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X