Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andrew Golota in Poland?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not Polish but I do know about Golota's history somewhat. I know he was arrested for impersonating a police officer. Also a poster said earlier on this thread about Golota taking the needle before the Lewis fight. From what I understand it was not steroids it was a muscle relaxer that the Dr. mistakenly shot in his artery and ****ed Golota up for that fight. Afterwards Golota asked Lewis for a rematch and Lewis basically brushed him off calling him a misfit in the heavyweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by ejk22
      I am not Polish but I do know about Golota's history somewhat. I know he was arrested for impersonating a police officer. Also a poster said earlier on this thread about Golota taking the needle before the Lewis fight. From what I understand it was not steroids it was a muscle relaxer that the Dr. mistakenly shot in his artery and ****ed Golota up for that fight. Afterwards Golota asked Lewis for a rematch and Lewis basically brushed him off calling him a misfit in the heavyweight division.
      I'd like to see Golota fight Lewis again if he ever came back.
      That would be pretty cool, Vitali kicks his ass and Golota does too

Comment

Golota was WANTED in Poland, years back, on a charge that stemmed from an altercation in a bar/restarant.
        He got into it with another guy.....beat the dude silly in a bathroom, & stole the guy's clothes.
        This is what I heard.

On another note....WTF are you guys talking about with Tyson being on drugs ?
        All I remember hearing was that there was marijuana in his system. Can you idiots tell me how marijuana would make you a better fighter ?

Tyson couldn't feel Golota's punches that night because Golota was throwing his shots like a frightened fairy....THAT'S ALL !

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff
          Golota was WANTED in Poland, years back, on a charge that stemmed from an altercation in a bar/restarant.
          He got into it with another guy.....beat the dude silly in a bathroom, & stole the guy's clothes.
          This is what I heard.

On another note....WTF are you guys talking about with Tyson being on drugs ?
          All I remember hearing was that there was marijuana in his system. Can you idiots tell me how marijuana would make you a better fighter ?

Tyson couldn't feel Golota's punches that night because Golota was throwing his shots like a frightened fairy....THAT'S ALL !
          Tyson himself is insane and trying to kill you
          Add Marijuana to the mox and see what you get?
          Tyson is insane, Golota did all he could do with a broken jaw and hand, run away..

Comment

Originally posted by Atwa_66
            Tyson himself is insane and trying to kill you
            Add Marijuana to the mox and see what you get?
            Tyson is insane, Golota did all he could do with a broken jaw and hand, run away..

Since when did being insane & high make someone an effective boxer ?

Actually, a smoked-up whacko should be easy pickings for a professional fighter.....but Golota is SOFT.

Comment

The only person I can think of who is good at fighting high is Emanuel Augustus.

Smoking pot should be MANDATORY for someone of Tyson's demeanor.

Comment

What bugged me about Golota's fight with Tyson was that Golota was unprepared and out of shape for the fight. Golota actually had a decent second round and if he could have stayed away from Tyson through the 3rd round Tyson would have tired from throwing all those wild shots and Golota could have taken him apart. Either Golota was scared of Tyson or just mentally and physically out of it.

Comment

Hi everybody. My first post here.
                  1. Andrzej had some problems in the past connected with a fight in a bar. He beat the **** out of a guy (he took his clothes just to embarass the guy, not to steal, besides the other one torn apart his new shirt during the brawl) and had to escape from Poland in order not to get imprisoned.
                  2. It's true about the injection just before the Lewis fight. It's not that I'm trying to justify the early KO, but it helped Lewis, I'm sure.
                  3. The fact is he lost some respect in Poland after the Tyson fight. I agree he did well in the second round and could have caused Mike a lot of trouble later on. Golota said after the fight that he was injured and he was furious that the ref isn't reacting to Tyson's fauls and that his coach wasn't doing anything to protect him. He felt it was like 'go there Andrew, die, but the show must go on'... He decided to quit. You know Andrzej, he used to be mentally unbalanced at times ...
                  4. Now again people rather praise Golota in Poland. He showed good boxing vs Byrd (12 rounds - first time in his career), no serious fauls, no quitting, no strange behaviour. He was back... We then thought he would send Ruiz to another dimension easily. 2nd round seemed to prove this, but then we all know he couldn't finish the job and started to fight worse and worse towards the finish. I still think he won it or worst it was a draw, but... Anyway, people were a bit disappointed, but now everybody says 'C'mon it's just Brewster, he must get the belt finally...' That's what I believe too. If he can't beat Lamon, he should retire and he probably will, unless he gets another title fight opportunity (Vitalij? (!!!) Rematch with Ruiz or Byrd? We'll see and we must remember that Golota is now probably the best ticket seller in HW's...

Comment

Originally posted by Anjew
                    Hi everybody. My first post here.
                    1. Andrzej had some problems in the past connected with a fight in a bar. He beat the **** out of a guy (he took his clothes just to embarass the guy, not to steal, besides the other one torn apart his new shirt during the brawl) and had to escape from Poland in order not to get imprisoned.
                    2. It's true about the injection just before the Lewis fight. It's not that I'm trying to justify the early KO, but it helped Lewis, I'm sure.
                    3. The fact is he lost some respect in Poland after the Tyson fight. I agree he did well in the second round and could have caused Mike a lot of trouble later on. Golota said after the fight that he was injured and he was furious that the ref isn't reacting to Tyson's fauls and that his coach wasn't doing anything to protect him. He felt it was like 'go there Andrew, die, but the show must go on'... He decided to quit. You know Andrzej, he used to be mentally unbalanced at times ...
                    4. Now again people rather praise Golota in Poland. He showed good boxing vs Byrd (12 rounds - first time in his career), no serious fauls, no quitting, no strange behaviour. He was back... We then thought he would send Ruiz to another dimension easily. 2nd round seemed to prove this, but then we all know he couldn't finish the job and started to fight worse and worse towards the finish. I still think he won it or worst it was a draw, but... Anyway, people were a bit disappointed, but now everybody says 'C'mon it's just Brewster, he must get the belt finally...' That's what I believe too. If he can't beat Lamon, he should retire and he probably will, unless he gets another title fight opportunity (Vitalij? (!!!) Rematch with Ruiz or Byrd? We'll see and we must remember that Golota is now probably the best ticket seller in HW's...
                    Another Golota fan, I'm no longer the only one
                    Glad to have you aboard, March 12th is going to be incredible eh?

Comment

If he can't beat Lamon, he should retire
                      Nooo, I don't think so, Golota hasn't shown signs of age yet like some fighters *cough cough Holyfield cough cough* He has another 2 or 3 years left I think

Comment

Working...
                      X