Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAC has proven he can beat up a 165lber. Do Y'all still think...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAC has proven he can beat up a 165lber. Do Y'all still think...

that he would've been beaten by the De La Joto that fought Wife beater at 154lbs. ? Please vote and discuss

I understand that there are other things to consider besides the weight, but, the weight class was a big issue.
    PAC would've dominated the gay one no matter what
    70.83%
    De La Joto would've destroyed PAC if they would've fought at 154lbs.
    29.17%
    Last edited by Monte Fisto; 11-20-2010, 04:11 PM.

I'm probably even in the minority that think Pacquaio beats a prime DLH from 135-147

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      I'm probably even in the minority that think Pacquaio beats a prime DLH from 135-147
      But, the thread is not about a prime De La Joto. I am specifically asking about the version that fought the Wife Beater.

Comment

Considering that DLH was calling the shots, the fight would probably have been made at 154, no catchweight, 10 oz. gloves, and ring size to favor DLH. And since DLH has much better defense and is more skilled than Marg, it's possible he could've beat Pac.

Then again, DLH doesn't have the heart that Marg has, so if Pac could manage to bust him up it could change the outcome of the fight. But DLH doesn't bust up too easily, so that might not be a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by willybullet View Post
          Considering that DLH was calling the shots, the fight would probably have been made at 154, no catchweight, 10 oz. gloves, and ring size to favor DLH. And since DLH has much better defense and is more skilled than Marg, it's possible he could've beat Pac.

Then again, DLH doesn't have the heart that Marg has, so if Pac could manage to bust him up it could change the outcome of the fight. But DLH doesn't bust up too easily, so that might not be a factor.
          DLH couldn't pull the trigger as long as Mayweather kept moving. He got some shots in when Mayweather was on the ropes. Pacquiao never stopped moving at all and DLH couldn't pull the trigger.

Whitaker did the same thing to Oscar in his prime, Oscar couldn't find a target. simple logic.

I bet Oscar would have had some moments though because of his power and decent speed.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
            DLH couldn't pull the trigger as long as Mayweather kept moving. He got some shots in when Mayweather was on the ropes.
            This is where the smaller ring comes into play for DLH.

Pacquiao never stopped moving at all and DLH couldn't pull the trigger.
            The question was whether Pac could beat DLH if DLH came in at a comfortable weight. So you can't use Pac's performance against a drained DLH to analyze how DLH/Pac at 154 would go.

Whitaker did the same thing to Oscar in his prime, Oscar couldn't find a target. simple logic.
            Pacquiao is not as elusive as Whitaker was.

Comment

[QUOTE=willybullet;9627477]

The question was whether Pac could beat DLH if DLH came in at a comfortable weight. So you can't use Pac's performance against a drained DLH to analyze how DLH/Pac at 154 would go.
              I agree with Them Apples, the weight class was never the issue for me. If you can't pull the trigger, you can't pull the trigger. The weight drain thing was just icing on the cake.

Pacquiao is not as elusive as Whitaker was.
              Oh, having personally seen a PAC workout in person from 5ft away. He is very elusive, just not in your definition of elusive.

We all know De La Joto could never cut-off the ring prime or not prime. He always had problems with lil guys who were great on their feet. And, he hated getting hit. Eventhough De La Joto could take a punch, he became more defensive minded as the fight wore on when he had a good offensive fighter in front of him(see Trinidad fight)

Comment

Oscar always had trouble with southpaws. Lower weights, in a brawl, Oscar's technique could carry the day, but if Pacquiao employed the same strategy he beats De La Hoya all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
                  I agree with Them Apples, the weight class was never the issue for me. If you can't pull the trigger, you can't pull the trigger. The weight drain thing was just icing on the cake.
                  The 154 lb. version of DLH still had a pretty close fight with May until he stopped using the jab. I disagree about the weight issue completely, if a fighter kills himself to make weight, it diminishes his performance.

Oh, having personally seen a PAC workout in person from 5ft away. He is very elusive, just not in your definition of elusive.
                  If slow, looping punch Marg could find Pac, it would be no problem for DLH to find him (assuming he's not weight drained)

Comment

The 154 lb. version of DLH still had a pretty close fight with May until he stopped using the jab. I disagree about the weight issue completely, if a fighter kills himself to make weight, it diminishes his performance
                    De La Joto gave the impression that he had a close fight with Wife Beater, due to mostly Wife Beater's low punch output and Wife Beater is a slow starter.

De La Joto couldn't pull the trigger at 154lbs. Like I said before, being "weight drained" was just icing on the cake. Perhaps, at 154lbs. he would've absorbed the punches better, but that does not have anything to do with being unable to pull the gun out of the holster in an instant.

If slow, looping punch Marg could find Pac, it would be no problem for DLH to find him (assuming he's not weight drained)
                    And PAC took it and "kindly" returned 10. I don't think the De La Joto that fought Wife Beater could deal with that kind of return fire for 36 minutes of world-class boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X