Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Fans opinions on Warren's Boxing Channel.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Fans opinions on Warren's Boxing Channel.

Warren launches new boxing channel
    Posted on Sep 22, 2011

Veteran promoter Frank Warren has joined forces with Boxing Channel Media to launch an independent, groundbreaking new boxing subscription channel called BoxNation.

Set to launch on Friday, September 30 at 7pm on Sky channel 456, BoxNation is the first ever channel dedicated to serving the UK's live fight enthusiasts and sports fans, and will feature Warren’s long list of fighters.

Viewers will be able to see the channel for free initially before it becomes a subscription channel at the end of the year where viewers will then have to purchase it for £10 per month.

The channel has committed to showing two live championship promotions from the UK and around the world each week, and has also done deals with top German promoters Sauerland Events and US heavy hitters Golden Boy Promotions.

In addition to championship boxing, BoxNation will also cover major amateur tournaments and Mixed Martial Arts events, as well as bringing back the cult show Buncey’s Boxing Hour with hugely popular pundit Steve Bunce.

The programmers have also promised daily fight news updates and an extensive archive bringing back classic fights from home and abroad and featuring some of the world's greatest ever boxers including Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray Leonard and many more.

Warren who is still contracted to Sky Sports till June next year confirmed he would see the contract out while voicing his excitement about taking his marquee fighters to BoxNation and having the opportunity to get them in the ring more often throughout the year.

‘This is what all boxing fans have been waiting for – a dedicated channel, 100 per cent committed to showing the best fights from around the world. It’s a big challenge in my career, but I’m really excited by BoxNation and it takes me back to my early years when I was at ITV doing a show a week,’ said Warren.

Just another money making scheme. They will show a couple of good bouts to draw people in and then everything will dry up a couple of months in.

Comment

Its a good thing. But its useless to me because its not on Freeview. Plus i dont see it lasting very long.

Comment

its free for te first month or so

Comment

so on top of the sky sports package we now gotta fork out another 10 quid on top?

good luck with that cause i sure ain't paying for it

Comment

wow! this is the best news all year

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanHattonAY View Post
              its free for te first month or so
              ittttttttttttttttttttttttssssssssssssssss frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee
              awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Waaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnttt
              tooooooo lickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk myyyyyyyyyyyyy remooottteeee cleannnnnnnnnnnn

Comment

I heard they will start off by showing 2 bums fighting

Comment

I'm going to wait and see what his programming schedule looks like, but I don't mind forking out an extra tenner a month if i'm going to get some good fights out of it. 2 live fights a week he's saying are guaranteed, hopefully not *****y fights from Azerbaijan or Pakistan.

The channel will always be streamed no doubt, but it will be nice to be able to have a pure 100% dedicated boxing channel that i can flick on whatever time of day or night and always have a fight on my screen

Comment

Working...
                  X