No announcement yet.

Best and worst American accents by British actors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demise View Post
    Make sure it is an English accent and not a British one.

I'd speak English and call it British accent.

Because it doesn't matter lol if English and British are the same posh accents then why would you even care to argue calling it English or British

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I'd speak English and call it British accent.

Because it doesn't matter lol if English and British are the same posh accents then why would you even care to argue calling it English or British
      There is no British accent.

That's like saying Mexicans have an American accent. English upper-class is the posh accent. Then there are Scottish accents and Welsh accents. There are Glaswegian accents and Hibernian accents, there are Manchester accents and Scouse accents. London accents and Kent accents.

There are many more accents within the British Isles.

Comment

Ali of English descent? WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
          Ali of English descent? WTF?
          I guess descent was the wrong word, but he has some English ancestry.

Comment

More like African? I think that might be a little bit closer. Just like my veins are unfortunately tainted with the blood of a Spaniard somewhere down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
              More like African? I think that might be a little bit closer. Just like my veins are unfortunately tainted with the blood of a Spaniard somewhere down the line.
              Like I said, he is of African descent with some English ancestry.

Comment

There is no British accent.

That's like saying Mexicans have an American accent. English upper-class is the posh accent. Then there are Scottish accents and Welsh accents. There are Glaswegian accents and Hibernian accents, there are Manchester accents and Scouse accents. London accents and Kent accents.

There are many more accents within the British Isles.
                A lot of people call English accent British. It's like saying "conversate" which is not a word, it's converse. But people still use conversate.

There are even people in the UK who just call their accent British accent. I'm pretty sure if I go to the UK and mention British accent, no one will correct me and they will know what I mean by British accent.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  A lot of people call English accent British. It's like saying "conversate" which is not a word, it's converse. But people still use conversate.

There are even people in the UK who just call their accent British accent. I'm pretty sure if I go to the UK and mention British accent, no one will correct me and they will know what I mean by British accent.
                  They will probably laugh at you and think about how true the American stereotype of ignorance is. I don't know how you think British accent is even remotely correct.

It's made up of 3 countries, all with many accents in their country. A British accent would be a mixture of English + Welsh + Scottish.

See, you're on about the UK now. Why are you bringing the UK into it?

Comment

You really are a silly ****.

You've come into the argument hours afterwards and some bizarre angle. For some reason you're bring Gamboa into it, who the fuck is Gamboa compared to past Cuban greats?

Then you bring up Ali, who is of English descent. Why are you bringing Limeys into it?

And again, you've clearly read nothing I've put because you would have seen that boxing = boxing. Whether it's amateur or professional.

Twat.
                    Are you really trying to claim Ali?? LMFAO

Ali is 110 percent American.

Comment

Some Irish heritage.

Comment

Working...
                      X