Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does Cotto have to do next weekend to stand a chance against Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does Cotto have to do next weekend to stand a chance against Canelo?

Alot of people see Cotto as an easy money fight for Canelo but im personally not one of them.

However with Roach in his corner now what does Cotto have to do for you to give him a good shot vs Canelo?

Shutout Devin? Stop him late? Stop him early? Win an epic slugfest?

Props to Cotto for taking such a tough fight with little reward. Delvin is a tough durable fighter who can box and bang. Cotto will have a tough time but I cant wait for this slugfest! War Cotto!

All he has to do is come to fight as if he's fighting Margs again. Show people he's not past it.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
      Alot of people see Cotto as an easy money fight for Canelo but im personally not one of them.
      Huh??

alot of people thought canelo wasnt a hype job and wasnt protected and thought he was gonna kick floyd ass

alot people dont really know nothing about boxing

Comment

Do you mean to ask, what does Cotto have to do next weekend in order for the public to believe he has a chance against Canelo? The question, as stated, is difficult to answer -- there is no reason to think that Cotto's potential future performance against Canelo is, in itself, necessarily conditioned by what he does this weekend.

But I digress; Cotto does need to win the fight convincingly as far as I see it. I'd like to see Cotto get the job done against a big strong 154-pounder before squaring off with Canelo.

Comment

He'll break Delvin's ribs and stop him in 7. He's sitting down on his power shots for the first time since his Steward. Diaz had him moving, which was a good idea, but Cotto moved so much that he was moving while he was punching. That took the crunch out of his shots, especially his body work IMO.

He needs show he can stay committed to that jab and body work from the first bell. Cotto CAN beat Canelo. To say that's a "gimme" for Ginger is a joke IMO.

Comment

All he has to do is win

Comment

I'm not sure how many people think Cotto is easy pickin's for Gingerbread. Cotto is such a much more intelligent fighter. If he has anything left -- and I'm guessing he does -- Cotto will, at least, take Canelo into deep waters.

Comment

Cotto just needs to be Cotto, personally I think he beats Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post

However with Roach in his corner now what does Cotto have to do for you to give him a good shot vs Canelo?

Shutout Devin? Stop him late? Stop him early? Win an epic slugfest?

Props to Cotto for taking such a tough fight with little reward. Delvin is a tough durable fighter who can box and bang. Cotto will have a tough time but I cant wait for this slugfest! War Cotto!
                  Like the avy BTW Nate

Comment

Win and then go to showtime. That's all he's gotta do. Still want to see this fight!

Comment

Working...
                    X