No announcement yet.

Bias from Posters on this site is amazing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    I don't see why people think Floyd won't fight him. For one, 40,000 fans showed up to watch Canelo last night. Two, I don't see anything about Canelos game that tells me he could beat Floyd.
    Now I know why they have it in Vegas... so there aren't 30,000 people against you dictating the fight

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      Aren't they top ranked welterweights, with wins over welterweight champions, in the same division as Floyd? Exactly like your example. Way to show bias.

Floyd keeps cherry picking guys who are LWs, despite those two guys being top ranked welterweights! Floyd needs to move up and fight Canelo, despite coming up from jrLW himself.

Wouldn't that be Canelo picking on a jrLW?
      I think you took me a little too seriously, so much so that you failed to spot both the irony and the pisstake.

Comment

Originally posted by Calabis View Post
        Floyd Mayweather came in 2 pounds over the limit of 144 against Marquez(142)....yet people here said he cheated and had a huge weight advantage....he's a cherry picker, blah, blah, blah.

Yet Canelo walks in at 172 last night and Floyd who can barely make 151 on a good day is a bi*tch for not fighting a guy who outweighs him by 20-24lbs?

How about Canelo going up to fight Martinez, Chavez Jr and Ward, instead of worrying about some dude at 147? Those are much more interesting fights imo.

I don't get all the hate against Floyd, is he annoying as hell at times....Yes he is........., but he is a master in the ring and has been a dominate boxer for over a decade.
        Canelo made the 154 limit against his opponent who was also a jr middleweight champ. Floyd didn't make his 144 contract weight against a career featherweight.

Big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Floyd is a victim of his own success and his own arrogant persona. People want him to be challenged and to be matched as tough as possible. Some are convinced that Canelo is THE guy at 154 that can provide the challenge.

Realistically, Cotto is a small LMW and an established fighter, that's why Floyd fought him. Canelo seems to have the fanbase, but he isn't established/proven and he has one good win. Floyd does have a habit of fighting guys coming off a good win though, so maybe Canelo's recent victory will be enough for him. For the risk that Canelo potentially presents, I think Floyd will want a bigger reward. I think he'll let the fight marinate and see if Canelo can build himself up high enough in order for the match-up to be unavoidable.
          Floyd will say Trout won, its just that he was screwed by Texas. Then he'll be asked why he won't fight Trout and he'll say, "Because he lost to the red head".

Book it.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Why is it just because a fighters cuts a lot of weight that he HAS to move up?

Anyways Floyd fought 2X at 154 and is ranked #1 there, so i dont see why thats a problem, plus WWs like ortiz still had almost 20 pounds on him.
            Ortiz had 13lbs on Floyd on fight night. That is not "almost" 20lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Why is it just because a fighters cuts a lot of weight that he HAS to move up?

Anyways Floyd fought 2X at 154 and is ranked #1 there, so i dont see why thats a problem, plus WWs like ortiz still had almost 20 pounds on him.

Because the guys he fought at 154 were DLH and Cotto dudes that came from 147 and Ortiz was like 160 if Alvarez came in at 160 I'm sure no one would have a issue but 172 is just too damn big

Comment

I was shocked that canelo is only 5 7 i was like wtf

Comment

And the excuses have begun.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    I don't see why people think Floyd won't fight him. For one, 40,000 fans showed up to watch Canelo last night. Two, I don't see anything about Canelos game that tells me he could beat Floyd.
                    EXACTLY this^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                      So you're saying Floyd is too small to fight in the weight class that he has a belt in?

Why doesn't he just give his belt to canelo then lol?
                      No what I'm saying is he fought at 154 against dudes from 147...he hasn't fought a natural 154 guy....prior to last night I was all for canelo vs mayweather or mayweather vs trout...that was until I saw them come in at 170+.....too damn big its simple. I can see the fight happening with one of those Pacman rehydration clauses. Canelo was already a dangerous fight for Floyd...but now seeing that size its even worse and a waste of time.

Also my original statement was how was Floyd weighing 5 to 8 lbs more than Marquez some huge advantage, yet 20+ lbs means nothing except Floyd being scared

Comment

Working...
                      X