No announcement yet.

Who was Wladimir Klitschko's best win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Wlad has so many good wins over Top Heavyweight's but I'd say his best win is probably Chris Byrd.

But guys like Haye, Chagaev, Peter, Chambers, Brock, Ibragimov etc are all very good wins against top ranked Heavyweights.
    Yes.

(although the haters will try to discredit Wladimir by saying all those guys were no good).

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Yes.

(although the haters will try to discredit Wladimir by saying all those guys were no good).
      All Wlad should do is keep fighting the best available guys out there.

I'm ok with him fighting Mormeck and Pineta level fighters but nothing more than stay busy fights and as long as the don't happen often. I must say, I'm not happy with his last set of fights.

But, this will be a big year for Wlad, I hope and expect.

I hope Povetkin will finally get what's been coming for years.

Comment

All Wlad should do is keep fighting the best available guys out there.

I'm ok with him fighting Mormeck and Pineta level fighters but nothing more than stay busy fights and as long as the don't happen often. I must say, I'm not happy with his last set of fights.

But, this will be a big year for Wlad, I hope and expect.

I hope Povetkin will finally get what's been coming for years.
        Pianeta in early May, Povetkin in August, and another undefeated fighter (Pulev, Fury, Helenius, Boytsov) in December would make for a very good year.

Pianeta is decent. I don't mind Wlad fighting him as long as he fights Povetkin in summer.

Comment

Pianeta in early May, Povetkin in August, and another undefeated fighter (Pulev, Fury, Helenius, Boytsov) in December would make for a very good year.

Pianeta is decent. I don't mind Wlad fighting him as long as he fights Povetkin in summer.
          Well, we all know Wlad wants Povektin. That fight should happen next and that's the most obvious fight to make and would be a very good win.

I'd be more than happy with any of those 4 - Pulev, Fury, Helenius, Boytsov.

Preferably Pulev if he doesn't fight Haye.

2014 I'm hoping Wilder will make his way into the Top 5 and have Wlad-Wilder.

Comment

Well, we all know Wlad wants Povektin. That fight should happen next and that's the most obvious fight to make and would be a very good win.

I'd be more than happy with any of those 4 - Pulev, Fury, Helenius, Boytsov.

Preferably Pulev if he doesn't fight Haye.

2014 I'm hoping Wilder will make his way into the Top 5 and have Wlad-Wilder.
            Yes. Wilder is better than a lot of people think he is, and he will be at least a top ten (perhaps top 5) contender by sometime next year.

I'd like to see Wilder take on some fringe contenders after Audley. Someone like Malik Scott would make for an interesting matchup.

Comment

Yes. Wilder is better than a lot of people think he is, and he will be at least a top ten (perhaps top 5) contender by sometime next year.

I'd like to see Wilder take on some fringe contenders after Audley. Someone like Malik Scott would make for an interesting matchup.
              He certainly has clear potential he just needs to fight better people as he's untested. We know he can punch and has good speed and so forth. But can he take a punch? How does he handle pressure and adversity? How's his stamina? These questions still need answering.

Let's say he knocks out Harrison which is very likely. And then goes on to fight some Top 10 guys and knocks them out.

And next year he's 30 something and 0 and has knocked out everyone he's faced.

A fight with Wlad would be one of the biggest HW fight's in years.

Comment

I think prime vs prime that Byrd would beat Haye. Haye is pretty sloppy and Byrds chin is good. Also their heavyweight resumes are not even close, not at all.

The only argument you can give for Haye being the better win is personally for wlad he had power that could have bothered wlad but since byrd has so many other things more than haye I go with him.

Comment

Looks like most people consider David Haye to be Wladimir's best win.

Comment

Byrd got stopped by Ibeabuchi and Haye does posses some serious power at Heavy. I think it a case of Haye's stamina comes into play, they are both defensive counter-punches so expect an ugly-ass fight.

Comment

Byrd IMO, I am gobsmacked to see Haye leading by that margin.

I think the Byrd rematch was even better too as he bounced back in style like a true champion and had wins over Tua, Holyfield, Oquendo & some other highly regarded contenders as well as reclaimed a world title. He was on a roll and Wladimir beat him to a pulp.

How could you even have Haye above Byrd? He didn't have as much experience, he isn't as skilled; he'd previously lost to a 40yr old Thompson & had maybe 5-6 fights at HW against bums where Byrd had only lost to prime Ibaebuchi & Wladimir and he had wins over Vitali, Tua, Oquendo, Holyfield, McCline, etc

He was a two time HW world champion and quite possibly is a future HOFer.

I think Wlads wins over Byrd are far better myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X