Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been watching some of Mathebula's fights. He's pretty good.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
    i haven't seen mathebula...does he somewhat fight like ali funeka? freakish height for his division but doesn't use his reach advantage too much? would rather use a busy work rate?
    Bingo. But uses his height a little more than Funeka.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      He's a step up from WV2. He's only leaves himself open at times because of his height and reach. Most tall guys do that at the lighter weights.

Now your right if Math can't take Nonito's power than its going to end quick. but if he can. Nonito is in for a long night. Jeff throws a lot of punches from all angles.

Not sure what you consider a solid fighter. Math capable of beating the Japanese title holder. The only guys you would make a solid favorites over him are the elite. Rigo, Donaire and Moreno.
      i don't think he's a step up from WV2...........i look at resumes & STYLES. wv2 has a much better style compared to mathebula (vs donaire) WV2 at least keeps a tight D & isn't as slow as mathebula...........

mathebula throws a lot of punches but most of them are slow & you can see them coming from a mile away. many of them are also arm punches & pitty pats.........

this is a horrible match up for mathebula.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        Bingo. But uses his height a little more than Funeka.
        well then he's fine...funeka was able to handle skilled fighters like raheem and joan guzman with his style.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          i haven't seen mathebula...does he somewhat fight like ali funeka? freakish height for his division but doesn't use his reach advantage too much? would rather use a busy work rate?
          he keeps his hands down compared to Funeka...........Funeka is also the much better boxer on the outside.

Comment

look at Funekas stance & balance. & look how he keeps both hands up...............mathebula & funeka are ONLY comparable with height & volume punching. other then that.........i don't see it.

(fight starts 3:23)

Last edited by americanbot; 07-05-2012, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
              he keeps his hands down compared to Funeka...........Funeka is also the much better boxer on the outside.
              he was keeping his guard up okay against ndlovu though...

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                It can happen, but I'd be very impressed by Donaire if he'll be able to do it. Also what do you think that would prove? There were plenty of early K.Os in fights between great fighters, even 1-st round K.Os like Ingemar Johanson over Eddie Machen and Nunn over Kalambay.
                This fight is unification, step toward clarifying the best man in the division. I don't expect everyone to be as excited about it as I am, but if someone call it a joke then I don't think he's really a fan of this sport, rather fan of big events.
                i think the fight is a joke style wise...........I will be absolutely shocked if mathebula caused any trouble. I'm a fan of competitive fights & great style match ups along with unifications............

hopefully donaire can get something better then this after mathebula.........

hopefully nishioka (but i would love a rigo fight)
                Last edited by americanbot; 07-05-2012, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                  he has bad balance, leaves himself wide open & walks straight into shots. he's also been ko'd before & his chin is decent at best.........

his style is perfect for donaire.........(a guy that walks into shots with his hands down)

this is not a solid fight at all.
                  Where in his fights did you see this?

Comment

mathebula isnt anything special, not for the level of fighter donaire is considered, definitely not. and the caballero fight wasnt a robbery, it was a close fight. please dont start with the robbery talk, the word gets thrown around wayyy too much. mathebula wasnt robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                      Sorry man, but I think it's stupid to say that fighter should only take fights against fighters that have tough style for him.
                      I said that mathebula vs donaire is a joke style wise. this means that it doesn't match up at all..........not even close.

i thought mathebula lost his last fight (yes it was SD) but i felt he was out boxed in that fight.............

it's not about A fighter "only" taking fights against fighters that will present tough styles. it's about the timing, style. & overall class of fighter. (this is how i judge a match up)

this fight doesn't have the timing, style or overall class............

i feel that it can only be considered as stay busy fight.

you see things totally different..........we will agree to disagree.
                      Last edited by americanbot; 07-05-2012, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X