Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mistake EVERYBODY Makes Against Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
    But you would need to be a "natural born gym guy". A guy who won't use the same feints in round 3 and you do in 7, 9 and 11.

They would have to be DIFFERENT feints. And that's why it never works. Because nobody is more "natural" than Floyd, and he is great at reading offensive patterns because that is all he sees/saw since he was five years old. Guys coming at him.

For example, if you go back and watch the Hatton fight, you will see that Floyd tried that check hook AT LEAST three times in that same corner. People called it luck, but he was timing that ****.

Watch @6:50. He hits Hatton with THE SAME check hook. Landed well. But he cuffed it a bit.

yes hatton became predictable and his fients left some openings...

i remember thinking if u gave hatton great defnse and mad him less predictable he could have won....

cause he had some success...

duran is the first fighter that comes to mind that would beat him in an entertaining fight....

he feinted ang had great defense pluss he would work the body and he is also a natural fighter.....

Comment

I always see the question asked: How will you attack Mayweather? How will you break through his defense?

I suggest a paradigm shift.

How about going in with a plan to DEFEND against Mayweather? How will Floyd feel when he can't hit you at will? When he can't get his offense off? When he feels uncomfortable because he isn't piling up points?

Now, you may ask :"Floyd's offense is not all that. Why should I be worried about his offense?"

That's the person from OUTSIDE the ring saying that. Once you get into the ring, those punches don't feel great. The guy has 25 KO's. Corrales, Hatton. Gatti. Good fighters. He knocked down Marquez. His offense had Shane completely discouraged. He isn't quite the feather-fist you imagine. Guys aren't trying to walk through him.

If I was going to fight Floyd, I would be focused on a BALANCED fight plan. I would be concerned with my defense as much - if not more - than my offense.

Believe me: Floyd expects every opponent to attack him. Judah did. Hatton did. Oscar did. Shane did. Ortiz will.

Flip the script. Give Floyd something to think about. Make him have to come out of his shell OFFENSIVELY.

For discussion....thoughts?

Good trail of thought, only problem with this is that Mayweather has perfected his gameplans. Do you know of any fighter out there that could outsmart and outwit mayweather?? Mayweather is in a league of his own with his defence and doesnt need to prove himslef with anyone. Hence why fighters attack him, they feel inferior and they need to prove they can hurt him or make an impression at least. Mayweather isnt pretty and sometimes boring but looking at what he does.. NO ONE will ever beat him. PACMAN included.

Comment

If a guy could use the type of distance control that Winky used on Tito...

Everybody wants to "come in" on Floyd. How come guys don't "back up"? Leave his a$s standing there?

He won't be in range for the straight right hand...or that lead left hook
        Floyd usually wins the mental game, getting guys to want to beat him up.

Floyd does have a good versatile offense though, I can't see anyone roughly his size or smaller taking it all away. A big guy with a jab though I could see how they would really limit Floyd especially if they know how to not get killed inside.

I wouldn't say this guy could beat Floyd because he is real green but looking at his physical attributes and overall style what Andrade brings to the table would be exactly what Floyd does not want to see.

Comment

That's the thing that some people (fans not boxers or trainers) don't realize, Floyd's offense is almost as good as his defense. If you try to get too defensive with Floyd he will just pick you apart because you're going to give him all the the time in the world to think and pick his shots.

Comment

u need a great chin cause u will eventually get counterd.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              That's the thing that some people (fans not boxers or trainers) don't realize, Floyd's offense is almost as good as his defense. If you try to get too defensive with Floyd he will just pick you apart because you're going to give him all the the time in the world to think and pick his shots.

it was working for Judah Floyd was the one pressing early in that fight while Judah was on his defense. only a very skilled boxer and not anybody can pull this off because you might be way down on the cards

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
                One thing that always intrigues me is his opponents don't seem to be more inventive in their approach. They head hunt and he shoulder rolls. They try to bring a left to the body and he counters with the right.

I would forget about trying to land clean shots. I'd step back a bit and take what's easily available, or indeed just given.

1. The left bicep. He has no way of defending this. If you hit him in the arm for 5-6 rounds it will start to hurt, a lot.

2. He stands very side-on. I'd go just above the left hip.

As an orthodox fighter, I'd just use my left jab/hook to the bicep, and straight rights to the area just above the hip - even venturing towards the kidney area and test what the ref will allow.

And from there I would try to frustrate him. Head movement, keeping busy with those basic bits, and try and take him out of his comfort zone by winning rounds with activity whilst keeping out of range by just targeting the bits of his body that are nearest with straightforward in-out 1-2 hits.

Something tells me that I'm not the first guy/fighter to think this though.

As Iron Mike liked to say, we all have a plan until we get hit.

There's an interesting dynamic happening here, and it's a problem.

I do not believe that judges will score those as points for you.

I have always felt that Floyd has an "unnatural" advantage in the scoring because when someone lands to his body or shoulder, they don't get scored.

Think about it. Do you think the judges score this flurry for N'Dou?

I would bet $100 that the judges say "Oh ****!! What a defense!". When, in reality, N'Dou landed like 10 punches to Floyd's shoulders. Punches that if Miguel Cotto landed on zab, the judges would say ""Damn, Miguel is really mauling Judah".

Think about that.

I think mayweather gets the benefit of scoring because his defense is so 'pretty" and judges get sucked into that. They ain't giving you no points for landing on Floyd's arms when Floyd is INTENTIONALLY turning his arm to absorb the punch.

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
                  u need a great chin cause u will eventually get counterd.
                  But the point is to be out of range for the counters.

Comment

if u are out of range ur not gonna get ur offense going it takes a nutral fighter with great anticipation....

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      it was working for Judah Floyd was the one pressing early in that fight while Judah was on his defense. only a very skilled boxer and not anybody can pull this off because you might be way down on the cards

Judah did have good success in the early rounds, but I don't think it was Judah's plan to go into the defensive the whole fight. Floyd's gameplan the whole night was to press the action and attack the body to break Judah down. It wasn't that Judah made that happen, Floyd just went in there with that gameplan, he said so himself before and after the fight. I also recall Judah getting cornered against the ropes and Floyd hitting him at will, that's the result of fighting Floyd to defensive minded.

Comment

Working...
                      X