No announcement yet.

Saved by the bell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Yeah. As a sidenote those 7 extra seconds equals the lenght NBC(?) wants to have the intermission between rounds prolonged with.
    Do you think those 7 seconds would've been the difference between being finished off, and the angry beat-down he gave Cooper afterward?

The smelling salts would've had more to do with it than the extra time

Comment

the point giver has approved of this thread so the point giver has donated to all posters within it.

long live the boxing knowledge, long live the green!

:ROCK:

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
        Thanks, Bat.

Interesting thread! Ketchel-O'Brian was the first thing I thought of, but I'm sure there must be other such examples.
        And that's the examples I am looking for. Fights where the bell literally saves a boxer.

Comment

LaMotta-Reeves I from what I've read.

Liston-Whitehurst II altough the bell only saved Whitehurst from being KO'd.He lost the decision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0m6K0hG1-4

Comment

And that's the examples I am looking for. Fights where the bell literally saves a boxer.
            I've never seen this fight, but I heard that Johansson was out cold at the final bell in his last fight against Brian London. Can anyone confirm?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgmNNPCgtxE

Comment

Douglass sure did get a break when he got up and the bell rang right when Tyson was about to put his hands on him. With Tyson being one of the best finishers ever and Douglass having a known weak chin, it makes you wonder.

Comment

In his second fight with Joe Louis, Abe Simon was saved by the bell TWICE: In the 2nd and 5th rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    In his second fight with Joe Louis, Abe Simon was saved by the bell TWICE: In the 2nd and 5th rounds.

Thanks.

Always a pleasure to watch the Brown bomber. Boy could he put those punches together.

I think I read somewhere, that Louis himself was saved by the bell at one time. You know a lot about him so I wonder whether you can confirm or deny?

Comment

Thanks.

Always a pleasure to watch the Brown bomber. Boy could he put those punches together.

I think I read somewhere, that Louis himself was saved by the bell at one time. You know a lot about him so I wonder whether you can confirm or deny?
                      Not that I'm aware of but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. It may well have happened and I just didn't note it.

Poet
                      Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 08-06-2012, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X