No announcement yet.

What makes for great Fried Chicken?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kill the body View Post
    do you season the chicken or just the flour?do you use egg and milk?
    my wife seasons the chicken dips it in the flour first then egg then flour again...

some say add butter to the oil
    I believe that's to much...you don't want to have a butter taste in your chicken...

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
      my wife seasons the chicken dips it in the flour first then egg then flour again...

you have a good woman my friend she knows what she is doing.is she from the south?

I believe that's to much...you don't want to have a butter taste in your chicken...
      try it it makes the chicken richer

Comment

try it it makes the chicken richer
        I'll keep that in mind...

Comment

It's more about the preparation of the chicken than the actual cooking of it.

How early you season it before cooking and what you season it with.

Several years ago I had some fried chicken at a joint in Memphis (I forget the name) best I've ever had

Comment

I don't really do much with drums and wings but I always deep fry chicken cutlets.
            Anyway, I wash the chicken thoroughly with some vinegar and then wash it again with water
            And pat dry the chicken with paper towels.
            Crush up some corn flakes but not too fine.
            Some adobo seasoning
            And some minced parsley
            Flour
            I then put all those contents in a zip lock bag and shake extremely well

Next
            i have an egg wash where I dip the chicken
            Next grab a piece of egg washed chicken and throw it into the zip lock bag and shake it around
            Rinse and repeat above with all chicken pieces

Then fry to golden brown and enjoy. The flour and seasoning are great on the chicken but with the bits of corn flakes it really adds a nice crunch to the outside while still keeping the inside moist.

Comment

Only fried chicken I eat is KFC and thats not very often. Grilled chicken marinaded in hot sauces does it for me

Comment

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
                It's more about the preparation of the chicken than the actual cooking of it.

How early you season it before cooking and what you season it with.

Several years ago I had some fried chicken at a joint in Memphis (I forget the name) best I've ever had
                was it on Beale st??

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                  Seasoning and type of oil.

Some say deep fry, some skillet, some go with a pressure cooker.

Its all good to me.

i'm sure your homeys have introduced you to kalimansi...you marinate the chicken in that wit some soy sauce before you batter it...bomb ass chicken

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
                    I don't really do much with drums and wings but I always deep fry chicken cutlets.
                    Anyway, I wash the chicken thoroughly with some vinegar and then wash it again with water
                    And pat dry the chicken with paper towels.
                    Crush up some corn flakes but not too fine.
                    Some adobo seasoning
                    And some minced parsley
                    Flour
                    I then put all those contents in a zip lock bag and shake extremely well

Next
                    i have an egg wash where I dip the chicken
                    Next grab a piece of egg washed chicken and throw it into the zip lock bag and shake it around
                    Rinse and repeat above with all chicken pieces

Then fry to golden brown and enjoy. The flour and seasoning are great on the chicken but with the bits of corn flakes it really adds a nice crunch to the outside while still keeping the inside moist.
                    Corn Flakes?interesting

Comment

In Ukraine, we use vodka

Comment

Working...
                      X