Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo's 5 title fights are a joke, A J-O-K-E !!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo's 5 title fights are a joke, A J-O-K-E !!!!

Canelo now calling out Sergio Martinez? LOL. sure.
    Well, in my opinion Canelo was looking forward to a fight with Victor Ortiz. You know why? Cause Canelo fights only 2 sorts of fighters: totally shot ones, and much smaller ones. Ortiz fits in the 2nd category.
    Ortiz is basically a 140 pound fighter (who just got beaten by another natural 140 pound fighter in a welterweight fight), and Canelo was thinking "this boy is way too small for me. Looking forward to beating up Ortiz".
    Let's look at Canelo's opponents in his world title fights:
    He won the 154 pound title against a natural 147 pounder- Matthew Hatton who has heart, but is an average fighter at best. Recently Kell Brook outclassed Matthew Hatton. So that's how the "great" Canelo became world champion. Then Canelo fought Ryan Rhodes who is a little above average fighter at the end of his career.
    Next opponent of "the legend" Canelo was Alfonso Gomez, another much smaller fighter who cant punch. Gomez is all heart but no power and no big skills. Cotto outclassed Gomez many many years earlier.
    Now Canelo fought 2 fighters who were on the elite level, but: they were totally done and at the end of their careers. Which means: they were NOT elite anymore when Canelo fought them: Kermit Cintron and Shane Mosley.
    That being said: Canelo is a cherrypicking fraud. A piece of garbage. And I dont think he is a bum cause he is not. But I cant stand fighters who use their promotions to fight shot fighters and bums their whole career. Lets be honest, this dude is making a career of beating bums and totally shot fighters. And THAT makes Canelo a disgrace to boxing.
    Vote on the poll and share your thoughts.
    hell yeah
    63.33%
    No. Canelo is great. I love Canelo
    36.67%

doesn't take a genius to figure that one out...

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
      Canelo now calling out Sergio Martinez? LOL. sure.
      Well, in my opinion Canelo was looking forward to a fight with Victor Ortiz. You know why? Cause Canelo fights only 2 sorts of fighters: totally shot ones, and much smaller ones. Ortiz fits in the 2nd category.
      Ortiz is basically a 140 pound fighter (who just got beaten by another natural 140 pound fighter in a welterweight fight), and Canelo was thinking "this boy is way too small for me. Looking forward to beating up Ortiz".
      Let's look at Canelo's opponents in his world title fights:
      He won the 154 pound title against a natural 147 pounder- Matthew Hatton who has heart, but is an average fighter at best. Recently Kell Brook outclassed Matthew Hatton. So that's how the "great" Canelo became world champion. Then Canelo fought Ryan Rhodes who is a little above average fighter at the end of his career.
      Next opponent of "the legend" Canelo was Alfonso Gomez, another much smaller fighter who cant punch. Gomez is all heart but no power and no big skills. Cotto outclassed Gomez many many years earlier.
      Now Canelo fought 2 fighters who were on the elite level, but: they were totally done and at the end of their careers. Which means: they were NOT elite anymore when Canelo fought them: Kermit Cintron and Shane Mosley.
      That being said: Canelo is a cherrypicking fraud. A piece of garbage. And I dont think he is a bum cause he is not. But I cant stand fighters who use their promotions to fight shot fighters and bums their whole career. Lets be honest, this dude is making a career of beating bums and totally shot fighters. And THAT makes Canelo a disgrace to boxing.
      Vote on the poll and share your thoughts.
      so much disgrace in boxing right now and this is where you're focusing your energy?

Comment

His belt is a joke but for a guy his age, he's right where he should be if not ahead of the development curve. He was set for Williams or Ortiz next. Those are solids. Quit acting like belts inherently mean more than economic markers. The WBC is a business first. merit comes like...well, not first.

Canelo is a rising star in a game that needs all it can get. Who cares about his stupid belt.

Comment

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
          so much disgrace in boxing right now and this is where you're focusing your energy?
          it had to be said. When I saw Canelo's face in the crowd of the Ortiz fight, it just reminded me of the fact that I hate Canelo. He was looking forward to extend his joke a*s title reign by beating another MUCH SMALLER fighter in Victor Ortiz

Comment

it had to be said. When I saw Canelo's face in the crowd of the Ortiz fight, it just reminded me of the fact that I hate Canelo. He was looking forward to extend his joke a*s title reign by beating another MUCH SMALLER fighter in Victor Ortiz
            hate is a strong word, he is stimulating a lot of energy expenditure on your part... makes me wonder why.

idk, i dont mind watching the kid box, he's no mega star but i'll watch him win and lose just like most fighters

i like boxing, not boxers

Comment

This is why when people say that he'll "crush" Kirkland, I ask them "who has he beaten that will give you this indication"?

Then I hear two things:

1. Crickets

2. James lost to Ishida

True, James lost to Ishida, but he also beat 3 guys that punch much harder than Ishida (Vera, Julio, and Angulo).

Fact is, this kid has done nothing in his career that says he'll beat Kirkland. Why, because he gave Mosley his 3rd beating in 4 fights?

The kid has potential, but until he beats someone of substance, I can't pick him over Kirkland, Lara or Dzinziruk.

Comment

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
                hate is a strong word, he is stimulating a lot of energy expenditure on your part... makes me wonder why.

idk, i dont mind watching the kid box, he's no mega star but i'll watch him win and lose just like most fighters

i like boxing, not boxers
                I hate him cause he shouldnt have a title. Guys like Erislandy Lara, Carlos Molina or James Kirkland have beaten a lot of very tough, very good guys and they dont have a title.
                they are a thousand times more deserving to have a title than Canelo

Comment

I hate him cause he shouldnt have a title. Guys like Erislandy Lara, Carlos Molina or James Kirkland have beaten a lot of very tough, very good guys and they dont have a title.
                  they are a thousand times more deserving to have a title than Canelo
                  i wont argue with that

the promotional favoritism is definitely a downer in boxing IMO

but he's marketable, not sure how much the other guys are in comparison, but i can see where you're coming from

Comment

So how do you feel about Chavez jr.?

Comment

Working...
                    X