• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max Schmeling
    Joe Louis
    Gene Tunney
    Jack Dempsey

It's really tough to say from that era, that was prime time for ATG, but I tend to lean toward Max Schmeling.

Ive never seen Louis vs. Schmeling 2, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
      Ive never seen Louis vs. Schmeling 2, personally.
      You should see this fight it is rated by many as Louis greatest performance, I personally favour the Baer fight.

Comment

Harry Greb
        Sam Langford
        Stanley Ketchel
        Jack Johnson
        Tiger Flowers
        Harry Wills
        Gene Tunny
        Benny Leonard
        Henry Armstrong
        Joe Choynski
        Last edited by EzzardFan; 01-17-2010, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Harry Greb, with either Benny Leonard or Sam Langford as the runner-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
            James J Jeffries. Great fighter, an even greater man outside the ring. God bless him.
            "I am going into this fight for the sole purpose of proving that a white man is better than a Negro." -James J. Jeffries

Yeah he was all class just like you, right?

Comment

Indeed he was. 'Beez' you mad, killer?
              Keep it sweet lad. You don't want to end up running away in tears like the last thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
                Indeed he was. 'Beez' you mad, killer?
                Keep it sweet lad. You don't want to end up running away in tears like the last thread.
                No son I didn't run away mad, you refused to answer questions. Finally I had to ask myself, 'does arguing with a ****** make me look ******ed too'? The answer was a resounding yes so I simply stopped arguing like I will here after this post. Nice to know you're a racist as well as ignorant though. Those are fine qualities for a person such as yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  "I am going into this fight for the sole purpose of proving that a white man is better than a Negro." -James J. Jeffries

Yeah he was all class just like you, right?
                  He's probably just a troll. I'd just forget about him and ignore him, if I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing99 View Post
                    He's probably just a troll. I'd just forget about him and ignore him, if I were you.

He's definitely a troll my man. Check out his post history if you want a better idea how much of a clown he is. He likes to spew outrageous claims but refuses to back them up with facts or logic.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      No son I didn't run away mad, you refused to answer questions. Finally I had to ask myself, 'does arguing with a ****** make me look ******ed too'? The answer was a resounding yes so I simply stopped arguing like I will here after this post. Nice to know you're a racist as well as ignorant though. Those are fine qualities for a person such as yourself.
                      This sounds a lot more diffirent than the lad in the thread. I recall tough guy comments like "I would school you all in debates, I always win etc" but then you ran off. Probably because you were on your own against multiple attackers. Finally for once the opposite, innit? Because when I am the one being ganged upon you seem to have a lot more courage and willingness to argue.

As for this:
                      Nice to know you're a racist as well as ignorant though.
                      I never said that quote from Jeffries was the reason I have such respect for him. You put those words in me mouth.

Comment

Working...
                      X