No announcement yet.

New boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boxer

Hello, I just recently started going to a boxing gym about a month ago but Ive been training and lurking around on the boxing scene for a while now. Can you guys give me some tips and advice on my boxing ?

Heres my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te6mco6A-z0
    I currently have 3 videos up of me boxing, one of them from the southpaw stance. Any criticism is welcome the goods and the bads.

Edit: Don't forget to read the description box info on the videos I try to explain what I did (or attempted) to do.
    Last edited by MelvinWin; 05-25-2016, 09:10 PM. Reason: Just wanted to add some more detail in

Originally posted by MelvinWin View Post
    Hello, I just recently started going to a boxing gym about a month ago but Ive been training and lurking around on the boxing scene for a while now. Can you guys give me some tips and advice on my boxing ?

Heres my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te6mco6A-z0
    I currently have 3 videos up of me boxing, one of them from the southpaw stance. Any criticism is welcome the goods and the bads.
    Okay i'm a pro boxing trainer, so first things first you need to bend your knees, tighten your elbows, and tuck in your chin. Second throw one punch per step. Other than that with fighting experience you'll be good to go

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
      Okay i'm a pro boxing trainer, so first things first you need to bend your knees, tighten your elbows, and tuck in your chin. Second throw one punch per step. Other than that with fighting experience you'll be good to go
      Ahh okay Ill remember that one punch per step I haven't gotten my first spar at my gym yet I will soon and will probably upload it on here

Comment

Ahh okay Ill remember that one punch per step I haven't gotten my first spar at my gym yet I will soon and will probably upload it on here
        As well you should get your head moving a bit, 1 move per step.

At one point you brought your hands to guard and walked straight in. Gotta keep it moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
          Where are you working out of?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
            As well you should get your head moving a bit, 1 move per step.

At one point you brought your hands to guard and walked straight in. Gotta keep it moving.
            Ill watch out for that

Comment

Ill watch out for that
              Yeah, you walked in completely standing tall. Joe Fraizer wouldn't walk in that way. Move that head and use those legs. You naturally do not strike me as a 'boxer' type. You're one who was meant to fight it out in the trenches.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                Yeah, you walked in completely standing tall. Joe Fraizer wouldn't walk in that way. Move that head and use those legs. You naturally do not strike me as a 'boxer' type. You're one who was meant to fight it out in the trenches.
                So should I be fighting on the inside instead? Im 5'9 barefooted also are my combinations and punches Im using okay or should I change things up?

Edit: Thought more about what you said I think I should be trying to cut off the ring and tracking down my opponent
                Last edited by MelvinWin; 05-25-2016, 11:08 PM.

Comment

So should I be fighting on the inside instead? Im 5'9 barefooted also are my combinations and punches Im using okay or should I change things up?

Edit: Thought more about what you said I think I should be trying to cut off the ring and tracking down my opponent
                  Are you built to stand on the outside working jabs with these men who are obviously going to be taller than you?

As far as your punching and combinations.... I can't touch that, truly, it's a train wreck

If you want me helping you than you're going to need to forget everything that you thought you knew about boxing.
                  Last edited by Rockin'; 05-27-2016, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Honestly dude. Forget anything you have found online or anywhere that taught you to do this and go to a gym and learn.

I think the problem is that you're doing things that you see pro boxers do and you don't know why they're doing them. You're just trying to "look good". I don't mean to offend you just trying to say what I see.
                    Last edited by Mr.MojoRisin'; 05-27-2016, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X