No announcement yet.

Just starting out..kind of..need help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just starting out..kind of..need help

Ok guys/girls this could be long so please bear with it.

I'm 22 years old and looking to start boxing, no previous experience at it therefor will be starting from scratch (inspired by the Olympics sadly enough)

Due to my job its a neccesity to stay fit so long runs, short runs, runs with weight, hill sprints, circuit training etc etc are second nature to me and even if i didn't want to i'd be doing one of these forms of phys pretty much 5 days a week. So this is the first question/ part of my little life I need advice on. On these phys sessions we get pretty much smashed till we're all hangin out, 5 days a week. This isn't exactly a problem, I'm happy enough to do 2 sessions a day on the days I'd be boxing training but I'd be interested to know if there are any supplements out there that could give me a bit of extra energy? I'm not interested in steroids and I don't want to go down the 'red bull' route either.

The next part I have a question about is more directly related to boxing training. I'm interested in starting to lift weights and put on a bit more muscle as well. This is mainly for my own self satisfaction rather than anything else. Is it possible to be training 5 days a week in work, boxing 2 or 3 times a week and also lifting weights 3 or 4 times a week and still put muscle on? This might sound a little confusing but I'm worried that all the fitness with cancel out any muscle mass put on? I might be being completely stupid here and they might not be related to each other at all. But just something I'd like cleared up in my head.

Anyway thanks for reading and any helpful replies are greatly appreciated
    rgr

Mixing weights and boxing isn't too difficult, you just have to take it a bit easier on the weights. I train Monday through Friday boxing, and start off my sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday with lifting. I save my really heavy squats for Friday, as I tend to have no legs for a couple of days after!

Cardio/boxing will not affect any strength or mass gains, provided you eat enough! Work out how many calories you need to maintain your weight and add about 500-600 calories onto that. It's also important to get your macros correct.

Comment

Cheers for the replies.

As646 I'm happy you've said that about training both with weights and then boxing. Do you not feel doing both on the same day though totally tires you out?? I was thinking more of alternating days. But hey I don't really know much so will definitely give what your doing a try as well. The eating business sounds great, I love eating loads so this shouldnt be a problem. Just eating loads and trying to keep ALL of it healthy might be a hurdle at the start lol.

Xweetie i don't intend to go all in all the time, I will be taking breaks and I know my limitations. Will start off slow and just build up on everything.

Comment

Bowling is a great sport.............................for drinkers!!!

Comment

your questions can only be answered face to face with a boxing coach!find a good boxing gym in your city!andrefabre@hotmail.com or 3474826637 for q&r!

Comment

Working...
          X