Texas A&M University campus shooting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    That happen to you a lot does it?

EDIT - the 50 second mark shows bullet holes in the houses opposite. So obviously someone shooting back in a packed mall or school cafeteria is not going to reduce the number of casualties.

I'd also question why this homeowner was targeted. And he was targeted. These guys pulled up at his house (which was curiously well furnished with video cameras) and got out with some serious weaponry. They picked his house. What's he mixed up in?

Considering that 90% of all home invasion victims are targeted because they are criminals and most of the remainder are because the robbers got the wrong address it does make me question why this house in particular was the one that was picked.

15 year old boy defends 12 year old sister with AR-15 from 2 burglars. If the boy did not have the rifle, the 2 grown men would have robbed them and probably raped the girl.

Comment

some of you guys are losing sight of the fact that young people were killed to push an agenda on gun control, for or against

young people with great potential were killed. there's always room for debate, but we should be respectful.

RIP. my heart is with the families. it's got to completely destroy a family to send a kid off to school only to have him or her killed.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
        Sad times man. A cop and a civilian shot dead. I despair for the US and its gun laws.
        I honestly don't believe the gun laws or lack thereof, are the problem. The problem is the uncontrollable element, that exists with any device\tool that can be used to harm others.
        Cars, hammers, baseball bats, screwdrivers, guns etc... are all items that when wielded by a sane person with purpose, doesn't harm a single soul.

People raise hell when guns are the weapon of choice, used by mentally unstable persons. But, never raise the same concern, when baseball bats, cars, hammers or even pencils are the weapon of choice.
        What is the difference? The difference is the mental state of the person seeking to do harm and that element never gets addressed.

Comment

But it is hard to kill multiple people in such short time with a bat or a screwdriver. I like your country, I really do, I just wish the legislature could sort the gun laws out.

Comment

copycat syndrome in crime parlance kicking in perhaps?

Comment

Remember....guns dont kill people....people kill people....LOL what a crock of shlt! Guns kill! Thats what they were made to do!

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                copycat syndrome in crime parlance kicking in perhaps?

100%

while i cant say to a degree of certainty that these guys are influenced directly by mass shootings of the past, you've got to figure that they play some sort of role in getting the pieces moving.

sad as it may be, these things can't all be prevented. if you remove guns from the country they'll move to bombs. that's what you see in other parts of the world, where guns are not so common.

guns certainly dont help things, but they're not what's causing all of this. they make it easier.

Comment

It's time to racially profile white dudes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
                    15 year old boy defends 12 year old sister with AR-15 from 2 burglars. If the boy did not have the rifle, the 2 grown men would have robbed them and probably raped the girl.

They may have stolen stuff. These guys weren't home invaders, they were burglars. It's very unlikely they'd have gone after the inhabitants. This kid came out guns blazing to protect property, not his life or his safety.

Yanks have unrealistic notions of the danger they are in.

Comment

Agree with Squealpiggy on everything here. The idea of letting people protect themselves with guns is laughable. Many countries do a better job than the US of protecting their citizens WITHOUT letting everyone take the law into their own hands.

Comment

Working...
                      X