No announcement yet.

ali frazier 1 footage ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ali frazier 1 footage ?

whats the deal with getting a good prestine copy of ali frazier 1 ? all ive found are fairly subpar copys of the fight ? now I have heard that 2 companys filmed the fight and there supposedly is a very good copy out there somewhere ive seen small parts of footage that looks great ?

Originally posted by bender2000 View Post
    whats the deal with getting a good prestine copy of ali frazier 1 ? all ive found are fairly subpar copys of the fight ? now I have heard that 2 companys filmed the fight and there supposedly is a very good copy out there somewhere ive seen small parts of footage that looks great ?
    There are several mint versions out there. I believe the best copy I have is from a bbc replay on dvd.

Comment

is this good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_TgAc4ESQ4

Comment

There was a black & white version that had NO commentary!!
        A microphone was suspended about 12 feet in the air (center ring) and you got a very "real" idea of what goes on when the heavies come to fight. You can hear the shots land and you can hear Joe & Ali taking air in and releasing it. You "hear" the action as well as see it! Great way to view a fight!
        Ray.

Comment

The documentary 'The Fighters' has the full fight in colour with no commentary.
          On Amazon you can by the DVD. I was surprised at the comments. People saying without commentary the fight was boring!
          I guess thats what separates true fans from casual fans.

Comment

With it being such a great fight, surprised it is not replayed on tv more.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post

There are better copies of 'this' version of the fight. I recorded one off ESPN (I think!) a couple of years ago and it looks like the fight took place last year.

I have the 'Fighters' copy too, but the footage is a different shoot, less vivid colour and no commentary. Some rounds benefit from angles used in either film. Both offer completely different perspectives on one great fight!

Comment

There are tons of great copies of this fight.

For example check out this video:

I have the same copy of the footage that this guy used. It looks great IMO.

Comment

yeah young robbed , that's what iam talking about that looks great !!! a complete copy that good would be awesome but where to find it ?

Comment

Working...
                  X