Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Pacquiao, Wouldn't it be best to try to make the Mayweather fight happen now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
    Manny couldn't care less. He just lets Bob Arum pick his fights for him. I think he's just happy making good money and getting a lot of attention. This has been illustrated many times. They have asked him over and over again : "Manny, do you want to fight Floyd Mayweather?" and every time he says the same thing while sweating and looking worried and uninterested. "Uh, uh, hmm, uhh, uhh, uhh, it depends on my promoter, Bob Arum!"

Here's a great video that pretty much sums it up. Very frustrating.

Well even Arum....Arum is Pacquiao's promoter, and I would think he would like to give his fighter all the advantages to win fights, and over his arc-rival Mayweather especially.

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
      I think he should fight him now bc another loss on his part would kill the fight completely specially if he fights his daddy marquez
      thats exactly what i think but i beleave floyd will still beat him it wont be a easy task but he will take it to pac. by points

Comment

It takes two to tango. Paq can't force a girl for a dance if she doesn't want to.
        Last edited by Bullrider; 08-03-2012, 11:38 PM.

Comment

yeah you're right that grueling 2 month stint in county jail shortly after an 8 week camp is going to ruin him physically. I shudder at the thought of his mental state Manny better jump on it, or Canelo might.

Comment

Floyd knows the time is also now, others would get the credit for beating pac decisively anytime soon, especially marquez and he'll be remembered by most as someone who duck pac in his prime and accuse him for some peds. i wont remember him that way, but many will.. so if he wants to clean everything now the time is now, it is safe.

Comment

Makes sense for both. Big payday for Manny and a needed tune-up for Floyd coming out of the bing.

Comment

Lmao at Pac being a "tune up". Even a shell of his former self Pac would pose the biggest threat that Floyd has faced in recent memory. I mean damn, even a shot Pac was able to solidly beat an undefeated and game Timothy Bradley. Dude doesn't need money. He's worth like 85 mil. He would be there to win. I still have Floyd by decision, but it wouldn't be easy.

Comment

Although Floyd might have been affected by jail, I wouldn't compare it to Tyson and Ali who were out of commission for years.

But I see your point. If there's a "low" point to go in on Floyd, I guess it would be now. But Floyd would be smart enough to make sure he gets enough time to get back in peak condition. So it might not matter.

I agree with most posts here about the risks of Manny's next fight, but also how Manny would be Floyd's biggest challenge.

Still wish this fight happened in '09/'10...

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Papaya View Post
                    Although Floyd might have been affected by jail, I wouldn't compare it to Tyson and Ali who were out of commission for years.

But I see your point. If there's a "low" point to go in on Floyd, I guess it would be now. But Floyd would be smart enough to make sure he gets enough time to get back in peak condition. So it might not matter.

I agree with most posts here about the risks of Manny's next fight, but also how Manny would be Floyd's biggest challenge.

Still wish this fight happened in '09/'10...
                    I think the vast majority of boxing heads agree with this statement.

Comment

The longer the standoff goes, the more it favors Floyd.

At this point, it ain't gonna' happen.

That ship has sailed.

Comment

Working...
                      X