No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: NYSAC: Margarito's Eye Must Get Examined By Our Doctor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    I don't think anyone understands the process of staging a fight, but the NYSAC knew Margarito was coming off the injury, Melvina Lathan was present for the September press conference and even spoke about how happy she was with the fight and there was NO INDICATION from the NYSAC that Margarito would have to undergo a special examination to get a license.
    Yea.. That's like some Judas type ****...backstabbing *****!!

Comment

Originally posted by Capo Loko View Post
      But didn't Mosley, Vargas, Resto, Trinidad, and countless others put a "black eye" on this sport (you love so much) before Margarito did?
      I don't see you hating on them or wishing them bad. So why do they get a pass? I didn't see you complaining about Mosley making $$$ when he fought PacJuice.

Don't hate the player(s), hate the game.... and Arum is the one running it.
      Miguel Cotto is my favorite fighter and im not Rican so no dumb judging, so i took it extra personal when Margarito got caught cheating im not going to lie. You cannot compare what mosley, vargas, trinidad did to what Marg and Resto did. Trinidad was never fined or punished either because what he did wasnt even that big a deal. Using extra gauze is normal Barrera did it too. I did complain about Mosley fighting pacroid that fight was bull****. But that doesnt even matter after what marquez did to him this past weekend

Comment

Let him fight hes going to lose by tko cheato is done let him get his karma which he deserves dont move the fight from where it should be

Comment

I love how people keep blaming Arum, I thought it was him as well yesterday but the more facts that come out the worse this looks for the NYSAC. I can't help but wonder that this solely revolves around the UFC lawsuit which was brought up at the time that the NYSAC said they would have a meeting with Marg on his eye. (This happened on Oct. 31 I believe) Really, I can't blame the NYSAC they ban MMA but they'll put a boxer in a fight with a bum eye. MMA should be legal in NY just a bunch of political lobbyist greasing some guys palms. There is too much money/time/production already put in this thing to cancel it I think. It'll will generate more than enough money to cover the UFC lawsuit costs.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            for a boxer all of that spells END. OF. CAREER.
            This is the most simple operation imaginable. And in in NO WAY ends anyone's career, even as a sharpsooter. It enhances the career. The operation lasts about 20 minutes, with LOCAL anasthetic, and consists of a very small slit in the eyeball through which the old lens is cut out. The new lens is then put in and implanted. When I had it done, (to one eye only) about 6 years ago there was a choice of the kinds of lens, the solid or the soft plastic. The solid requires a larger slit in the eyeball for insertion and stitches. The soft lens, is folded in half and inserted in the tiny slit and opened up when in place. No stitches needed. Then you can go home with an eyepatch for a day or so and eyedrops for about a week. And that's it, or was, as far as I was concerned. It's permanent and there's really nothing to it. It's a routine eye treatment for better sight. I was astonished at the sight difference. I was told all this by the doctor before the op. When my late Aunt had it done about 50 years ago they didn't have replacement lens, and she needed VERY thick glasses to make up the difference.When you looked at her, her eyes seemed HUGE.

Margarito must be long ago healed and tested every way needed, and is bound to be OK. So the fight will likely go on in New York is they look at him him right away.

Comment

I just don't think Top Rank would take the risk of blinding their own fighter and having those kinds of legal issues up their ass. I don't know. Same with Marg's managers. They probably put him through every kind of eye exam.

Even though they REALLY ****ed this thing up. They should have had it all taken care of before hand. Having the fight at MSG had to be one of the main reasons Cotto signed off. Now he's going to fight in essentially Marg's back yard.

Comment

bring this fight to chicago, it'll be dope as hell cause there is plenty of puerto ricans and mexicans here. it'll make for an electric atmosphere. honestly, if this fight has to be moved, arum's a scumbag.

Comment

You all realize the NYSAC is really just a bunch of Cotto fans, and are only doing this to mess with Tony's training.

Pretty sure that's what's going on here.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                    This fight is going to hell in a handbag really quick
                    I agree. I wonder at the Chavez fight will there be somekind of update by one of the HBO commentators on the status of this.

Comment

Amazing how marg was cleared to fight by arums docs but a legitimate doc will most likely not clear him. Arum doesn't have anyones best interest at heart. Str8 pimpin

Comment

Working...
                      X