Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

be honest, did you ever rock the arab scarf/keffiyeh when it was trendy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never worn a scarf of any kind in my entire life. I'm not a big fan of things being wrapped around my neck, whether it's scarves, ties, necklaces - or whatever. It all feels like a noose to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
      Of course still rokin one..
      i admire ur dedication...

I've never worn a scarf of any kind in my entire life. I'm not a big fan of things being wrapped around my neck, whether it's scarves, ties, necklaces - or whatever. It all feels like a noose to me.

but it feels comfortable to wear in winter...

Comment

Originally posted by Shamanism View Post
        i admire ur dedication...

but it feels comfortable to wear in winter...
        Not in my country but many young christian people wear them here about 1 or 2 year ago. People of Islamic faith here use them for religious purposes.

Comment

ur still young to retired. must be fun to tour across the US,...
          I was in my first band when I was sixteen and hit it hard until I was twenty-two. It's a lot of fun when you're a kid, but as time goes on being in a working band is really hard unless you're signed to a label with deep pockets. Sleeping in a van all the time, babysitting grown men, getting pimped by promoters and labels gets really ****ing old.

Not to mention that there isn't a lot of money in music these days, and rock n roll is a dying genre (in america at least). I was in Seattle doing some recording in August for fun, but feel like I definitely made the right choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
            Not in my country but many young christian people wear them here about 1 or 2 year ago. People of Islamic faith here use them for religious purposes.
            good thing the islamic diddnt get mad

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            I was in my first band when I was sixteen and hit it hard until I was twenty-two. It's a lot of fun when you're a kid, but as time goes on being in a working band is really hard unless you're signed to a label with deep pockets. Sleeping in a van all the time, babysitting grown men, getting pimped by promoters and labels gets really ****ing old.

Not to mention that there isn't a lot of money in music these days, and rock n roll is a dying genre (in america at least). I was in Seattle doing some recording in August for fun, but feel like I definitely made the right choice.

you do have a point there.
            why rock is dying in your own opinion?

Comment

good thing the islamic diddnt get mad

They were pissed, some crazy mofos of their faith would talk to people wearing them in tausug and if they didn't respond in the dialect, they'd be beaten. A few incidents like that actually happened. It all started when celebrities from manila wear them as a fashion statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                They were pissed, some crazy mofos of their faith would talk to people wearing them in tausug and if they didn't respond in the dialect, they'd be beaten. A few incidents like that actually happened. It all started when celebrities from manila wear them as a fashion statement.
                damn...thats fuk up. mostly kids only got beaten?

Comment

I never could rock one. . I just couldn't pull it off. . Didn't have the look for it.

Some people could rock them well.

Comment

They always looked gay to me. But each to their own.

Comment

nope but i used to wear a kufi for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X