Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocking PED revelations by T. Hauser. GBP, Mayweather, Quillin, Morales.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
    I'm aware of the Press Release that they gave to Woods, and I'll believe they used it for Cotto-Mayweather. However the question is how often do they use it? Do they use it every time? The press release said "effectively" which doesn't automatically mean every time.

Also, I'm pretty sure USADA does have the authority to actual give suspensions and stop a fight from happening. It's up to the commission though to uphold or reverse USADA's decision though.

The main difference is that VADA doesn't seem to make a judgement before handing it over to the Commission, while USADA appears to.

Of course I could be wrong, but USADA has never actually said a fight shouldn't go on due to a positive test. They did give Morales the go ahead though.

I could not disagree with you more that VADA is less transparent than USADA is. When it was time for push come to shove, VADA alerted all parities on the contract involved and urged for those parties to tell the others not involved in the contract.

Although, I do agree with you on that they should release the results of the tests. That is true transparency.

I agree with you there, but if Donaire were to test positive VADA would have the authorization to notify commissions testing involved wouldn't it? They did that with the NSAC and Peterson. I'm sure if it were up to Peterson, they wouldn't have his permission.

USADA does not have such authority. We are not talking about mandatory testing, we are talking about VOLUNTARY testing. There is a huge difference. And even when USADA stated that they are stripping Lance Armstrong of his 7 titles, that had to get that approved.

With boxing it is only the commission that can sanction the fighters, regardless of what USADA says. That is why I said earlier that the commissions and the testing agencies would have to work together. But right now, they operate separately.

VADA is in fact less transparent. They have no records as of today in releasing full scheduled test results to the general public. Absolutely none. Whereas USADA has made test results public available several times already. These are facts and this fact makes VADA less transparent until the day they do what USADA has done already. Then keep in mind the fact that USADA has a far greater and wider reputation than does VADA. USADA has far more to lose doing risky practices. Whereas VADA, because their reputation is small, has much less to lose from doing shady practices.

Supposedly, if Donaire tested positive, the commissions would be notified. But would the commission then tell the public? Would they keep it secret or disregard it if the result came during a time when Donaire is out of competition? Where he has no fight scheduled? And as some are alleging with the USADA and Golden Boy contract, there could be something in Donaire's contract where the commission isn't even notified about a positive result. That's why if anyone is going to point fingers or allege that USADA is shady or doing this and that, they would have to make the same exact claim for VADA.

The problem here is not the organizations USADA and VADA. The problem here is that the commissions are uninterested in working together with these testing agencies. They aren't too keen on doing better testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
      who calls themselves floyd-boy or Cotto-boy around here?? Pac-boy LOL.

You said it yourself it f boxing can mean anything,good assumption to answering your uneducated guess about me.
      Sorry man...The more you post...the less sense you make!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        I wouldn't put it beyond any athlete, especially an excellent one that is aging. Father Time is a mother ****er and really in boxing very few people seem to care about it so the risk is probably worth the reward especially if someone is making money like Floyd.

Still if that is the best Hauser has that is pretty soft if he had more he would have showed it because he loves going into great detail and he did that in other parts of his piece.

I just don't believe USADA would cover for them like that, the same agency that hounded Armstrong for years after he retired and all those other athletes like Marion Jones. Now they are going to play a patsy for essentially chump change, I guess there could be corrupt people in the organization but eventually all that will come to light. That would have to be a pretty grand conspiracy.
        Exactly, but people hate Floyd so they will believe that he is a roider. I don't know if he is or he isnt but like you said for one to insinuate the USADA would cover for Floyd is nonsense. They destroyed Lance Armstrong a guy who did so much for people through Livestrong but yet they would cover fro a woman beater?

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
          USADA does not have such authority. We are not talking about mandatory testing, we are talking about VOLUNTARY testing. There is a huge difference. And even when USADA stated that they are stripping Lance Armstrong of his 7 titles, that had to get that approved.

With boxing it is only the commission that can sanction the fighters, regardless of what USADA says. That is why I said earlier that the commissions and the testing agencies would have to work together. But right now, they operate separately.
          I've been saying that USADA still has to get approved by the commission for their suspensions. They don't have the authority to enforce it, but they have the authority to say something like "Morales banned 2 years from the sport of boxing"

It'd be up to the commission to uphold or reverse that decision.

VADA is in fact less transparent. They have no records as of today in releasing full scheduled test results to the general public. Absolutely none. Whereas USADA has made test results public available several times already. These are facts and this fact makes VADA less transparent until the day they do what USADA has done already. Then keep in mind the fact that USADA has a far greater and wider reputation than does VADA. USADA has far more to lose doing risky practices. Whereas VADA, because their reputation is small, has much less to lose from doing shady practices.
          It's not just about making test results publicly available. There are other factors here such as USADA's unwillingness to answer questions regarding destroyed samples and why they failed to report the first failed tests to the commission sooner that makes them less transparent.

Do these practices honestly seem more transparent than VADA not putting up tests for public record? I agree with you whole heatedly that VADA should put up the records though.

Supposedly, if Donaire tested positive, the commissions would be notified. But would the commission then tell the public? Would they keep it secret or disregard it if the result came during a time when Donaire is out of competition? Where he has no fight scheduled? And as some are alleging with the USADA and Golden Boy contract, there could be something in Donaire's contract where the commission isn't even notified about a positive result. That's why if anyone is going to point fingers or allege that USADA is shady or doing this and that, they would have to make the same exact claim for VADA.
          And I would make that exact claim for VADA if there were any indication that they were to actually do. So far, they haven't. USADA on the other hand...

The problem here is not the organizations USADA and VADA. The problem here is that the commissions are uninterested in working together with these testing agencies. They aren't too keen on doing better testing.
          I agree with you on this as well.

I do, however, think that USADA has blown an opportunity to work as a model that says "Look how efficient this is and how the sport can benefit from it." They and Golden Boy could have paved the way for it, but have fogged thing up.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            my problem with this is who do u write an article as a jorunalist and use rumours as the basis for your argument? thats not journalism. thats unacceptable and its irresponsible. if u are gonna report something, u better damn well have the facts and the primary sources to back it up. i dont get how journalists get away with this, in every other professional literary field, u could never do that. but its ok to post rumor as fact. compelling article? sure if u are so ready to believe whatever someone tells u.
            Yet you are so ready to believe Manny is using because Floyd said so, **** outta here clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
              Yet you are so ready to believe Manny is using because Floyd said so, **** outta here clown.
              that's pretty much the mentality of all floyd fans.

PACS ON ROIDS I DONT CARE BOUT NO EVIDENCE! HE ON DAT ROID

But Floyd tested positive 3 times and was involved in a huge cover up by Golden Boy.

NO U CANT PROOV IT DAWG MANNY ON DEM STEROIDS FLOYD CLEAN THO

Comment

This sums up every single Floyd fanatic that's defending Floyd in this thread

Comment

• 93 pages built on RUMORS

Comment

:qqq::qqq::qqq::qqq:

Comment

• This holds as much weight as the Pacquiao rumors. Nothing on both

Comment

Working...
                      X