Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just wondered to my self "why do i think funeka is going to win...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just wondered to my self "why do i think funeka is going to win...

if I dont even know **** about him and have just seen a 3 minute clip of the raheem fight?"

and this goes for alot of you as well. many people here say funeka is going to win and they have never even seen him fight a full fight, if any at all. trust me when i heard he kod raheem, i tried looking for anything i could find on him, and i couldnt find squat.

i think its just because we know he is a 6 foot tall mofo fighting at lightweight.

he knocked out zahir raheem...after the bell.

the only reason we know zahir is because he beat a washed up morales.

whats so great about zahir any how, rocky juarez and acelino freitas beat him.

so in conclusion, i just wanted to express this uninteresting thought of how some of us unconsciencly think about nate, a guy that we have seen fight numerous times and is coming off a win over juan diaz.

I hope he does win now. Nate done ****ed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
      if I dont even know **** about him and have just seen a 3 minute clip of the raheem fight?"

and this goes for alot of you as well. many people here say funeka is going to win and they have never even seen him fight a full fight, if any at all. trust me when i heard he kod raheem, i tried looking for anything i could find on him, and i couldnt find squat.

i think its just because we know he is a 6 foot tall mofo fighting at lightweight.

he knocked out zahir raheem...after the bell.

the only reason we know zahir is because he beat a washed up morales.

whats so great about zahir any how, rocky juarez and acelino freitas beat him.

so in conclusion, i just wanted to express this uninteresting thought of how some of us unconsciencly think about nate, a guy that we have seen fight numerous times and is coming off a win over juan diaz.
      why I think funeka is very dangerous for nate:

1) funeka's height is freakish, he's taller than corrales

2) raheem is a slickster and when someone can hit AND hurt a slickster that's means they have some serious power and or speed/timing.

3) nate is inconsistent with his performances, somedays looking brilliant (ie. against diaz and kid d) somedays looking like a fool (peden). if the idiot campbell shows up, all bets are off.

that is why I think funeka is a serious threat.

Comment

This is a really tough fight for me to call. Funeka does look impressive but as you've mentioned none of us really know anything about him other than a short clip of a single fight on youtube. With Campbell not making weight it sends a bad vibe to me, especially since he's now lost his belts and you have to wonder where he is mentally. I'm not even going to make a prediction for this fight but I'll just that I won't be surprised if it goes either way.

Comment

You can be better than someone and fight the wrong fight and you will lose. Raheem fought the wrong fight, not saying he is better than Funeka, but he did the same thing we have seen guys do against Klit and that is stand right in front of the tall guy who has power, then Raheem started trying to counter but ended up himself getting countered and hurt multiple times. A same day weigh in would put this freak where he needs to be, boxing aint about skill 60% of the time, but about size.

Comment

I'm sure there's plenty of people out there who thought Raheem beat either Freitas or Juarez, and some who thought he beat both.

That said, you are right. We have only seen a highlight reel of some sorts of what he did to Raheem, and Zahir wasnt techincally fighting the best fight from what I could tell either. He was leaving himself open for a lot of those right hands. We'll have to see what happens. I still have a feeling he'll have trouble fighting his rough inside fight if Funeka uses his length.

Comment

Not sure if you only saw the KO of zahir raheem, but prior to the KO punch he knocked him down about 5 times. He completely destroyed him. It wasn't just some lucky punch he was manhandling him. I have the entire fight and it is domination from round one to the final KO.

Comment

I seen Funeka fight Raheem. The thing is that he didn't really have to worry about Raheems punching power because he really has none. Nate is a very strong 135lber. Plus I've noticed that Funeka leaves his feet very wide apart and it looks as though he has to set his feet before he punches almost how Trinidad used to have to set his feet when he wanted to throw that left hook. I'm gonna go with Nate by KO in 9.

Comment

Originally posted by markfrombrookly View Post
                  I seen Funeka fight Raheem. The thing is that he didn't really have to worry about Raheems punching power because he really has none. Nate is a very strong 135lber. Plus I've noticed that Funeka leaves his feet very wide apart and it looks as though he has to set his feet before he punches almost how Trinidad used to have to set his feet when he wanted to throw that left hook. I'm gonna go with Nate by KO in 9.
                  I noticed his extra wide-stance as well and really no bend in his knees I have to wonder if that can be exploited (lateral movement?). Also, I suspect he might have difficulty with in-fighting and this may be how Campbell can beat him, by quickly moving in and throwing off some combinations and then moving out. I've said it before but he reminds me of Pavlik in that he's a tall, lanky guy always looking to set people up with the right hand and along with that may be some of the same issues Pavlik faces. I think if Campbell comes in with the right game plan he can beat this guy. Perhaps John David Jackson who worked with Hopkins for Pavlik can formulate a good gameplan.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    Not sure if you only saw the KO of zahir raheem, but prior to the KO punch he knocked him down about 5 times. He completely destroyed him. It wasn't just some lucky punch he was manhandling him. I have the entire fight and it is domination from round one to the final KO.
                    This. I saw most of the whole fight and he totally man handled raheem. He fought tall, had a good jab, good workrate, and a sick right hand. I think his height and work rate keeps Nate off him.

I thought Nate was going to lose a 115-113 type decision, but now after the weight I think it's 117-111 type deal.

Comment

Working...
                    X