Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who deserves to be 2013 fighter of the year? why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how about Mikey Garcia if he beats Roman Martinez later?

Salido, Juanma, Martinez?

probably not but worth a mention

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
      I like this criteria but Rigo and Bradley both beat P4P fighters even though they didn't fight as often as Golovkin, but Floyd winning would be criminal. Neither Canelo nor Guerrero were or are P4P and it's only 2 fights/wins. And lets be honest, who thought Canelo was going to win either? He wasn't "the one" he was just pure hype and marketing. IMO. Decent fighter, but he got gifted a belt and had literally one legitimate win before getting his shot with Floyd.

it's one thing to be in the discussion and have only 2 fights/wins but against P4P caliber fighters. it's another two only have two wins, but against Canelo and Guerrero...
      Bardley deserves consideration as well. I just wouldn't put Rigondeaux in there with the rest because the Donaire win, while impressive, is still only one fight.

Kovalev and Adonis are also in the mix, I think.

It doesn't matter if you and I agree on which fighter it should be - What's important is that we share the same mindset regarding the criteria : Kids here place way too much emphasis on wins over "name" fighters, regardless of how good that opponent actually was.

Normally you take quality over quantity, but in the cases of guys like Golovkin or Stevenson you're getting a bit of both.

I don't know why anybody would pick Mayweather for fighter of the year this year outside of being a hopeless fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        My vote goes to Floyd Mayweather. He has won the biggest fight if the year and holds two lineal titles at the same time. Adonis Stevenson deserves a mention as well as Garcia

biggest in terms of what? is the fighter of year award a popularity contest now?

canelo is not even a top 10 p4p when floyd beat him and the fight was a catchweight ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
          Bardley deserves consideration as well. I just wouldn't put Rigondeaux in there with the rest because the Donaire win, while impressive, is still only one fight.

Kovalev and Adonis are also in the mix, I think.

It doesn't matter if you and I agree on which fighter it should be - What's important is that we share the same mindset regarding the criteria : Kids here place way too much emphasis on wins over "name" fighters, regardless of how good that opponent actually was.

Normally you take quality over quantity, but in the cases of guys like Golovkin or Stevenson you're getting a bit of both.

I don't know why anybody would pick Mayweather for fighter of the year this year outside of being a hopeless fanboy.
          This got brought up in the Fighter of the Year thread I made two weeks ago, Mayweather was in the "biggest" fight of the year so that gives him pretty strong consideration. He also fought twice this year and that hasn't happened since like 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
            This got brought up in the Fighter of the Year thread I made two weeks ago, Mayweather was in the "biggest" fight of the year so that gives him pretty strong consideration. He also fought twice this year and that hasn't happened since like 2007.

What's that have to do with 2013 fighter of the year? it's not a competition of if Floyd can outdo himself in number of fights per year

and Wlad-Povetkin was the biggest HW fight in years, does that mean Wlad should be FOTY?

Comment

Floyd doesn't because he fought at a CW, when he said he doesn't do CWs and his minions still defend it. ****, in Floyd lingo Canelo is still undefeated hahah.

I think Rigo deserves it but he won't get it. I voted Danny

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                What's that have to do with 2013 fighter of the year? it's not a competition of if Floyd can outdo himself in number of fights per year

and Wlad-Povetkin was the biggest HW fight in years, does that mean Wlad should be FOTY?
                It shouldn't have anything to do with Fighter of the Year. But it's not hardcore fans that decide the honor, it's the BWAA, and they might decide that Floyd's more active, record-breaking year earns him the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
                  It shouldn't have anything to do with Fighter of the Year. But it's not hardcore fans that decide the honor, it's the BWAA, and they might decide that Floyd's more active, record-breaking year earns him the spot.
                  well that's true and you're right, but the thread is asking who deserves it, I thought you were saying you think yourself that he deserves it based on that. my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                    lol love the bias

mathyyse was a better win than canelo,guerrero combined

having said that neither deserve the award
                    I have never laughed harder at a more idiotic comment than this. tears

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                      My vote goes to Golovkin assuming he beats Stevens down it will be his 4th victory over a legitimate opponent since January.

Rigondeaux has one victory over Donaire, and while Mayweather's win over Canelo was impressive, nobody in their right mind thought that Guerrero was going to do **** but get schooled.

You guys place way too much emphasis on names. I'll take a fighter who fights 3-4 times a year against top 10 opponents over some f*g who fights once or twice a year against guys he's expected to beat.
                      Golovkin hasn't been fighting legit opponents, and Stevens isn't a legit opponent. He is nowhere near fighter of the year, hes not even in the discussion.

Comment

Working...
                      X