No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury vs prime Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    Now you can see why im attacked in the history section . The truth and facts are hard to swallow when discussing the old timers , specially Ali. Whenever im ridiculed there ,rest assured its because I made a valid or bullet proof point. I don't even like Fury but I have him currently in my top 10 head to head. Even if Klitchko beats him it doesn't change this match up, people just don't get it. Fury's the best big guy with footwork in boxing history, and he's not even trying to be athletic , which is only hurting his full potential. The only thing stopping this particular match up from being a full blow out is Fury's power combined with Ali's chin.

Don't forget to put a booing sig when I break down the Klitchko /Fury 2 fight..

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      Now you can see why im attacked in the history section . The truth and facts are hard to swallow when discussing the old timers , specially Ali. Whenever im ridiculed there ,rest assured its because I made a valid or bullet proof point. I don't even like Fury but I have him currently in my top 10 head to head. Even if Klitchko beats him it doesn't change this match up, people just don't get it. Fury's the best big guy with footwork in boxing history, and he's not even trying to be athletic , which is only hurting his full potential. The only thing stopping this particular match up from being a full blow out is Fury's power combined with Ali's chin.

Don't forget to put a booing sig when I break down the Klitchko /Fury 2 fight..
      Yea, I don't always agree with you but you always make solid cases one way or the other. Unbiased fans are the best. You get respect from me for sure.

Comment

lets not get sentimental and start saying fury would have no chance etc. i'd pick Ali to win this and win it by knockout actually but Fury is an awkward customer for ANYONE, he is 6ft 9 with good footwork and a good boxer. with that being said there are leagues in boxing and i think ali's speed and underrated power would mean he finds Furys questionable chin in the latter rounds, id have fury winning some rounds though.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlout View Post
          Dude, I think you should get out of here as soon as possible. I was going to respond to other posts here but I see the qualities of the responses and I quickly realize what you have in here are trolls or clueless ones who have no idea what the art of boxing entails. Fury, Wilder, Joshua being compared to the greatest or even given a shot to beat Ali is all I need to see. Joshua is as green and raw as they come, right now. Wilder hasn't fought anyone of note and Fury in my opinion right now, ranks in the top 5 worst heavyweight champion ever, who won the title 'cos the other guy was too timid to throw a punch. Some idiot even said Ali is no better than Steve Cunningham and Fury beat him so he would handle Ali easily. Really? This people only know boxing based on what they see in today's world or what they read on the internet. No need to rationalize and debate these guys, they don't know the angle you are coming in from. Wlad, "no chin" dominating the era tells you all you need to know.
          I think he after the fight didnt fury say that Wlad lost the title more than He won it?

Fury wins a close STINKER because Wlad wasn't throwing punches and now he is ALI?

Lets be real, he faced a 40 year old champion that hadn't looked great in his last outings, and barely scraped out a victory.

Size wouldn't mean dick vs Ali. Ali was always the master of range. He will sit right outside Furys punches until Fury gives up his height like he always does, then he would pounce. The dancing master had legs and hands like heavyweight has never seen. Tyson Fury has turned out better than most people probably expected, but he is LEAGUES away from being in the class of someone like Muhammad Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by duran888 View Post
            lets not get sentimental and start saying fury would have no chance etc. i'd pick Ali to win this and win it by knockout actually but Fury is an awkward customer for ANYONE, he is 6ft 9 with good footwork and a good boxer. with that being said there are leagues in boxing and i think ali's speed and underrated power would mean he finds Furys questionable chin in the latter rounds, id have fury winning some rounds though.
            He has good footwork for a modern heavyweight, which is to say, if it were any other weight class, we would call it garbage off-balance moving.

Comment

Ali won't land as often as you think. How would he get to Fury?

If he tries to work his way inside, Fury would rip into his body with savage hooks and drive him back mercilessly. If Ali tries to box from the outside and use movement Fury would pull up a desk, sit Ali down, and give him a thorough boxing lesson. A hellacious beating from pillar to post. Fury uses his size and height advantage well, yes, but he is also a slickster and a ring general. Ali is a beaut when he lets his hands go and he is intelligent enough to adjust and often, but Fury would be slipping and rolling most of his shots and thus creating openings for counters.

How long does Ali's chin hold up? How long does his will hold up? Does he have the heart to keep lifting himself off of the canvas again, and again, and again? These are the questions that I ask myself.

Fury is poetry in motion. Everything he does is controlled and coldly calulated. I think you are the one who needs to go see the optometrist. Then you could rewatch the fight and learn something.

Fury is a master boxer. A tactician. A savant. An instrument of war. An apex predator.

It will take a while before we see the kind of fighter with the potential to dethrone the kingpin. A fighter that complete, that limitless, that devastating only comes around every few eras. We are blessed to be exiting Floyd's reign and entering Fury's.
              Why does he have to get inside? Fury has a habbit of lunging and giving up distance. Ali did Float like a butterfly, he would be just outside Tyson's reach as long as he need to be until Fury lunged in and gave away his height, Ali would slip and counter then be gone again.

The levels of skill difference between Tyson and Ali are incredibly significant.

To put it in perspective. Rigondeaux gave up 7 inches in height at 122 and beat Amegasa to a pulp.

You think 7 inches to Ali, where the difference is not as great as the 7 inches at 122lb would change anything?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                Why does he have to get inside? Fury has a habbit of lunging and giving up distance. Ali did Float like a butterfly, he would be just outside Tyson's reach as long as he need to be until Fury lunged in and gave away his height, Ali would slip and counter then be gone again.

The levels of skill difference between Tyson and Ali are incredibly significant.

To put it in perspective. Rigondeaux gave up 7 inches in height at 122 and beat Amegasa to a pulp.

You think 7 inches to Ali, where the difference is not as great as the 7 inches at 122lb would change anything?

Fury adapts quicky, Ali might catch him early but it would be a knockdown at best, Fury wouldn't be in serious trouble. If that happened Fury would fight more carefully, control the distance, and keep Ali away with feints and jabs. When Ali starts to move and trys to control the fight and pace with angles on his feet Fury will pivot out and away and counter him coming in. Fury has the faster hands and would bring the fight to Ali in the mid to late rounds, ultimately drowning him in a sea of punches as he closes the distance and Ali runs out of options and resorts to fighting for his life. Fury would give Ali just enough ground to set traps and regain the advantage as he sends Ali back into the ropes with tremendous hooks that would chop down a tree. If Ali finishes the fight it's on his very will, his sheer desire to see another day, his refusal to exhale his last breath on the canvas, a bloody heap.

Comment

The only thing more hilarious than the question of Fury v Ali, is the idiots responding who think he's serious.

How on earth did this generate any serious discussion? Come on, people.

Comment

Fury adapts quicky, Ali might catch him early but it would be a knockdown at best, Fury wouldn't be in serious trouble. If that happened Fury would fight more carefully, control the distance, and keep Ali away with feints and jabs. When Ali starts to move and trys to control the fight and pace with angles on his feet Fury will pivot out and away and counter him coming in. Fury has the faster hands and would bring the fight to Ali in the mid to late rounds, ultimately drowning him in a sea of punches as he closes the distance and Ali runs out of options and resorts to fighting for his life. Fury would give Ali just enough ground to set traps and regain the advantage as he sends Ali back into the ropes with tremendous hooks that would chop down a tree. If Ali finishes the fight it's on his very will, his sheer desire to see another day, his refusal to exhale his last breath on the canvas, a bloody heap.
                    Fury has faster hands than Ali, now I have heard everything.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                      Fury has faster hands than Ali, now I have heard everything.
                      maybe about even. Did you know that Fury is so fast that he flips the switch to go to bed and he is in bed before the room is dark?

Comment

Working...
                      X