Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who actually deserves next shot at Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say john wilkes booth... He'll make his shot count.

Comment

Easy,Bradley and Lara are the most deserving fighters around both places that Mayweather holds belts..Garcia(does not want the fight)as well,and Thurman and Maidana also put their bid in..

Most deserving tho,is Bradley and Lara..Hands down,I guess Martinez as well if he can get down to JMW..

Comment

Emanuel Augustus rematch

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
          Keith Thurman.
          I agree, why not? Maidana did beat Broner but Broner was not nearly as good as some thought he was. Khan, I mean come on that is a complete farse of a fight. Thurman has the hype behind him and is a big puncher with good speed, he deserves it just as much as the next guy does and he stands a better chance of winning than either Maidana or Khan do.

Comment

Originally posted by Respect Power View Post
            Good post.. Dont understand everyones argument for Danny. Only because all of his success has been at 140, if he got a couple of wins back at 147 then id be all for danny getting a shot.... PAC or Bradley!

Exactly, there's no reason why a 3 time junior Middlewight champion should be fighting a 140 champ, none whatsoever.

Comment

Garcia hasnt fought at 147 yet

Bradley would be the best matchup

Maidana, Lara, or Thurman

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                My own opinions . . . .

Certainly not Khan.

Rule out anyone above 147 as Floyd is a welter (at most).

Who does that leave?

As the top 140lber, Garcia might qualify but he doesn't appear to want that fight and, until he wins at welter, many would criticise Floyd for "picking on a smaller guy" - even though it would not be the case!

So probably eeds to be holder of another version of title or, at least, a top-ranked welter.

Rule out Bradley or Pacquiao as, although the best 2 fights out there, they are with Top Rank.

Who is left?

Maidana?
                Being Realistic, i say it's Danny "Swift" Garcia, but he passed on it. Runner up would be Marcos "El Chino" Maidana, especially after the he Beat Broner.

Comment

Working...
                X