Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arcade Talk Game Review Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only games i'm getting this year, which you will be seeing reviews for are:

RE6

The Last Guardian

FFX HD

FFVXIII(if released)

The Last of Us (not sure)

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (DLC $15)

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post

RE6

The Last Guardian

FFX HD

FFVXIII(if released)

That is bullshit if they'll put the money into a FFX remake but won't do it for FFVII...I understand why it would be easier for them to redo FFX, but I still think it is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        That is bullshit if they'll put the money into a FFX remake but won't do it for FFVII...I understand why it would be easier for them to redo FFX, but I still think it is garbage.
        FFX HD is 1080p with Trophies, and from what I read an online blitz ball mode. Ps3 exclusive too, I also read it will have small elements from FF13. Square confirmed remaking such a giant world and story of FF7 being remade to next gen 1080p could take up to 10 yrs.

Comment

FFX HD is remastered, not a remake.

Comment

RE6

The Last Guardian

FFX HD

FFVXIII(if released)

No Borderlands 2?

I might consider FFX HD, because my PS2 version is messed up and always freezes near the end.

Comment

I liked GTA4, did those of you who disliked it actually finish it?

GTA4 was cool with how it made you choose either the Revenge or Money ending.
              Not to mention the DLC is amazing. I love GTA4, I still don't understand how people don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Not to mention the DLC is amazing. I love GTA4, I still don't understand how people don't like it.
                I beat it and enjoyed it as an individual game. But as a followup to San Andreas, it just didn't do it for me. They spent too much time making it polished and in exchange they took away many of the elements they had added in Vice City and San Andreas. The price for it looking great was too costly in terms of unique gameplay experiences and replayability in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  I beat it and enjoyed it as an individual game. But as a followup to San Andreas, it just didn't do it for me. They spent too much time making it polished and in exchange they took away many of the elements they had added in Vice City and San Andreas. The price for it looking great was too costly in terms of unique gameplay experiences and replayability in my opinion.
                  I felt the opposite. I was glad they cut back on all the ludicrous stuff in San Andreas and focused on making the gameplay and Liberty City itself so much better. I love San Andreas, but it got out of hand ridiculous towards the end.

Comment

Playing The Witcher 2, great game so far.

Comment

Uncharted 3

Gameplay: If you played Uncharted 2, you know what to expect. The platforming is awesome, with a lot more large scale events that happen, such as the ground breaking away, stairs collapsing, ladders bending, stuff like that. The gunfights are one complain I have though, it seemed slightly different from two and I had a few that threw you into ridiculous situations that you basically have to memorize when and where an enemy will come from, or you will be overwhelmed quickly.

Graphics and Audio: There are VERY, VERY few games that can even compete with how good Uncharted 3 looks and sounds. The animations in particular are as good as I've ever seen, every character reacts realistically to damn near everything around them. The music fits the scenario every time, and the voice acting is as good as any video game out there.

Story: Cliche, but it's not really supposed to groundbreaking. It keeps you interested, keeps you on your toes, and is told extremely well. The way the game fleshes out the characters is amazing, Elena Fisher officially made her case as possibly the greatest female video game character ever by the end of this.

Final Score: 9.25 out of 10. A little bit formulaic at this point, it is 3 games in, and it kind of faltered over the last few chapters in my opinion. Not as good as Uncharted 2 was, but that can't be held against it too much, considering Uncharted 2 is IMO the best game that has come out this console generation. Uncharted 3 is still a great game, and I highly recommend it to anyone who owns a PS3. Naughty Dog once again showed why they are one of the best in the business with this game.

Comment

Working...
                      X