No announcement yet.

Excellent Sandy Saddler Article

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent Sandy Saddler Article

I thought that I would share this excellent article on Sandy Saddler too those who hasn't read it.

http://www.boxing.com/sandy_saddler_...dangerous.html

Enjoy!

/greeh

That was a fine read thank you.

For whatever reason, Saddler was always in the shadow of the great Willie Pep.

Comment

Excellent excellent piece. This is damn near required reading for pretty much everybody in the history forum. Saddler was such a master. How he gets overlooked in the pantheon of p4p great fighters is beyond me -- not that it happens very often, but that it happens at all is a travesty. One of my absolute favorites.

Thanks for the link, TS.

Comment

Thank you for the Article!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossman View Post
          Thank you for the Article!
          good read thanks for sharing

Comment

“He was the ugly duckling of the game, the powerful and sometimes ungainly brute who gatecrashed the party and kicked sand in everyone’s face.”

This sentence describes Sandy Saddler perfectly.

/greeh

Comment

Top tier contender and champion at feather in any era! I know no one who doesn't hail Sadler as an ATG!! Hell he beat Pep 3 out of 4 and actually stopped Pep, thats amazing on its own. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                Top tier contender and champion at feather in any era! I know no one who doesn't hail Sadler as an ATG!! Hell he beat Pep 3 out of 4 and actually stopped Pep, thats amazing on its own. Ray.
                Without question, people who know a little about the sport and its history would never overlook Sandy Saddler. I just think it's a shame that his name isn't on the tip of every fan's tongue like Pep, Robinson, Louis, Armstrong, etc.

Comment

Great read

Comment

Working...
                  X