No announcement yet.

Ezzard Charles vs Ken Norton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kendom View Post
    Norton caused hell for boxers like Ali and Larry Holmes, you dont think Ezzard Charles would have faced just as much problems if not more from Norton?
    Charles could become a puncher when need be. And i dont think Ezz gets stopped, the Marciano fight (first) showed how game he was.

But i think Nortons size, athleticism and overall swarming, crab like defense frustrate Charles for majority of the fight. By the time the Cincinnati cobra figures it out, he wont have enough time to rank up his points.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
      Norton caused hell for boxers like Ali and Larry Holmes, you dont think Ezzard Charles would have faced just as much problems if not more from Norton?

he certainly would cause anybody lots of issues.

i do think charles would be forced to play a points game more than ali and holmes, especially considering their much greater size and the durability it would afford them against such a small man

charles wasnt as physically gifted where the HW division was concerned (ali and holmes had incredible length and took huge steps) but he was every bit as crafty

he's the slickest of the three, if not the hardest to hit considering his lack of length and relative lack of power at HW to keep a man away

again, i wouldnt be surprised to see him get stopped
      but i'd favor him to win the decision if i had to bet on it. i think he'd find a way to tone the fight down and get leather on norton without taking punches that were of real consequence in return

Comment

Working...
      X