• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by p4pkingfloyd View Post
    taylor can do what he ****in likes,

froch aint nothin special,

if theres more money on the table take that ****in fight,

froch is clumsy, ordinary fighter, he never fought anybody,

so why the **** does he think he can beat a really talented fighter like taylor?

What do you consider to be 'really talented' about Jermain Taylor?

Comment

Originally posted by abadger View Post
      What do you consider to be 'really talented' about Jermain Taylor?
      Taylor has a very good jab and can punch off the back foot,he also can counter punch and put together combinations with decent handspeed.He beat Hop twice and drew with Winky he must have some talent to do that

Comment

Originally posted by abadger View Post
        How about Kelly Pavlik? Guys whose main weapon is punching power can win fights. If anything Froch probably has more power and more varied boxing ability than Pavlik does, its just that he isn't tested yet.
        To be fair though Pavlik hasn't faced any superior boxers like a Calzaghe for example. I have seen a few Froch fights and all he relies on is power, is it because of his level of opposition i do not know. Maybe he has decent boxing ability but he hasn't showed it yet.

Comment

I have posted this before!

But i thought that Froch was either given the WBC belt as Inkin pulled out again or he was guaranteed a shot for the vacant.

I havnt watched the vid as no sound at work, but reading peoples posts it seems taylor is gonna get the chance for the vacant belt and not against Froch.
          I dont like froch. but the WBC cant get away with taking the piss like that can they??

Comment

Steve Bunce summed it up by quoting Don King:

"In boxing you don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate"

Like all decent British fighters, Froch is seen as a high risk, low pay day by American promoters. And people wonder why RJJ and Calzaghe didn't get it on 10 years ago....

Comment

Froch is a great fighter and deserving of respect, his time will come

Comment

Kessler would Beat Froch IMO
                I havnt really been impressed by him, at all

Comment

Originally posted by ani4ani View Post
                  Steve Bunce summed it up by quoting Don King:

"In boxing you don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate"

Like all decent British fighters, Froch is seen as a high risk, low pay day by American promoters. And people wonder why RJJ and Calzaghe didn't get it on 10 years ago....
                  This isn't even comparable to the Calzaghe-Jones situationJermain Taylor is coming off of two devastating losses and his promoter wants to give him a tune up fight before he steps in the ring with a dangerous fighter like Froch.Jones was the champion at the time and Froch is up for a title eliminator,thats a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by ALT-Assassin View Post
                    Taylor has a very good jab and can punch off the back foot,he also can counter punch and put together combinations with decent handspeed.He beat Hop twice and drew with Winky he must have some talent to do that
                    Yes, Taylor has some talent, but I think the atributes you describe kind of highlight my point. Taylor can do lots of things, but it is impossible with him to say that he has a single genuinely world class attribute that sets him apart from the crowd and gives his opposition something to really think about. He is something of a jack of all trades, master of none.

The closest thing he has to a major weapon is his jab, which is very nice and quick, I agree, but alone is not enough to win fights except when, as against Hopkins, his opponent is very low output. With a jab you really need to be setting up for something else, which Taylor really doesn't, or when he does it isn't devastating. I would probably describe him as a boxer with nicely rounded skills but just that little bit too lacking in the talent department to really be able to make those skills pay.

Comment

Originally posted by SEASICK View Post
                      Kessler would Beat Froch IMO
                      I havnt really been impressed by him, at all
                      I think Kessler would beat him quite easily, but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a shot at someone like Taylor.

Comment

Working...
                      X