Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever Happen to Joe Goosen??? Corrales former trainer.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CounterPuncha View Post
    No, Diego won himself the fight, it was a piece of resilience and courage and he did it all himself, he knew he needed to come back in a big, big way and he didn't need Goosen abusing him to tell him that.

He didnt need abuse??? Did you even watch the fight?? Whatever mate..

Comment

Originally posted by mangler jr View Post
      Last I saw him, he was in John Molina's corner in the Martin Honorio fight.
      That's the one! I remembered seeing him in a fight not too long ago and I couldn't remember which one it was. About halfway into the fight he was telling Molina "you're gonna knock this guy out. Can you feel it?" or something like that. Didn't happen...

Comment

He's still training, John Molina, Edison Miranda etc. at the Ten Goose Gym in Cali.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray` View Post

He didnt need abuse??? Did you even watch the fight?? Whatever mate..
          Oh yes I didn't watch the fight, I just thought I'd comment on it.

When you are in a situation like that, it all comes down to the fighter and what he is made of, trainer can go crazy trying to fire his guy up, but if he isn't made of the right stuff the trainer can speak the most inspirational words ever heard and still get no result.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dreamer View Post
            That's the one! I remembered seeing him in a fight not too long ago and I couldn't remember which one it was. About halfway into the fight he was telling Molina "you're gonna knock this guy out. Can you feel it?" or something like that. Didn't happen...

Lol, Joe seem to be a bit girlie maybe am wrong..

Comment

Originally posted by CounterPuncha View Post
              Oh yes I didn't watch the fight, I just thought I'd comment on it.

When you are in a situation like that, it all comes down to the fighter and what he is made of, trainer can go crazy trying to fire his guy up, but if he isn't made of the right stuff the trainer can speak the most inspirational words ever heard and still get no result.

You also need a trainer that can motivate you and give you the right direction in between rounds, A trainer that could see all the things you cant see and a trainer who can deliver it to you without been scared to hurt your feelings, If not why do you bring a trainer into a fight with you?? Yes diego was the one get hit but they also all work as a team.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dreamer View Post
                He was getting outboxed and outfought and John's dad (who was also in his corner) said, "Win the last round, son. And you'll win the fight." I lol'd at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray` View Post
                  You also need a trainer that can motivate you and give you the right direction in between rounds, A trainer that could see all the things you cant see and a trainer who can deliver it to you without been scared to hurt your feelings, If not why do you bring a trainer into a fight with you?? Yes diego was the one get hit but they also all work as a team.
                  Arrgh Yes I know that, I am just saying in this particular situation, Diego was dazed badly, down twice in the round, and he pulled the win out with his own resilience and courage, not with any piece of advice Goosen gave him, get it?

Comment

This is an awesome thread. I forgot all about my boy Joe. I actually thought he was the best trainer in the game at that time. People forget that he was Casamayor's trainer when he was on top and trained him when he beat Chico. Then the next fight he left Casamayor to train Chico and he beat Casamayor. That tells you right there how good he is. You guys know that he's Dan Goossen's brother, right?

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                      This is an awesome thread. I forgot all about my boy Joe. I actually thought he was the best trainer in the game at that time. People forget that he was Casamayor's trainer when he was on top and trained him when he beat Chico. Then the next fight he left Casamayor to train Chico and he beat Casamayor. That tells you right there how good he is. You guys know that he's Dan Goossen's brother, right?
                      Yea, I knew he was Dan goosen's brother but i thought he was a great trainer altogether, I remember watching the Corrales/Castillo fight and how calm and animative he was in corrales victory over castillo, Even the commentator were praising him for the way he handle the in between rounds in a fight that they thought his fighter was losing. The man has got a bad taste on shirts though lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X