do you rate ggg over danny garcia, francisco estrada, and chocolitito p4p

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you rate ggg over danny garcia, francisco estrada, and chocolitito p4p

I don't do polls because it eliminates the need to explain your position

GGG is hot has power, but his record against elite fighters is abysmal...he hasn't fought any elite p4p fighters or near it for that matter...at least not yet

Danny Garcia looked bad against Herrera is still undefeated and has wins over Herrera, Judah, Garcia, Morales, Khan, Holt, Campbell, and Ashley Theophane and is the true champ at 140 and only has 29 fights

Roman Chocolatito Gonzalez is unknown to most casuals but is building a great resume...3 weight champion first to stop Niida and has beat several contenders and former champions

Estrada is one of the best kept secrets in boxing...at least to casuals....just recently beat Segura, beat Brian ViloriA, fought Gonzalez close, and has 3 defenses...holds wbo/wba at flyweight and is sure to rematch gonzalez

I got Gonzalez and Garcia over ggg p4p and Estrada and ggg are about even

Gonzalez absolutely deserves to be in the top ten. GGG is lurking right outside. Garcia is way too fruity to be on any list and his loss to Herrera, and refusal to rematch him, knocks him off the top 15.

Also keep in mind p4p isn't necessarily just about resume, it's imo a combination of resume and skills. That's why Rigondeaux is top 5 without having an amazing resume.
    Last edited by ИATAS; 10-20-2014, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I don't have Golovkin in my top 10.

He is skilled and obviously has power but KOing a bunch of bums and overmatched opponents doesn't prove enough to me.

Danny Garcia has beaten the best in his division. You can maybe excuse an off night against Hererra because we've actually seen what Garcia has done against world class opposition.

We don't know what happens when GGG fights a world class fighter because he hasn't come close to facing one.

Comment

Roman Gonzalez has a deeper resume and his fighting style happens to be very similar. I don't have a concrete PFP list but if I did, Roman would rate above all of the mentioned fighters on this thread.

Pound for Pound is a measurement of skill and resume, and although before his last 2 fights Danny Garcia was on a roll and facing some top names mixed in with older fighters, he hasn't done much since the Matthysse fight. He's an intriguing case because although he isn't the best technical boxer, he has accomplished so much and has chiselled out a great resume. He is bordering the top 10 I suppose.

Juan Francisco Estrada may not have as many notable names on his resume as the 2 previously mentioned fighters but I believe he is above Danny at least. He has been fighting great to solid names including Eto,Gonzalez,Viloria,Melindo,Mepranum and Segura. He holds 2 belts at boxing's deepest division and continues to dominate opposition with both skill, power and speed.

GGG is magnificent at what he does. He is something special unraveling before our eyes and although his resume is not very deep, he does have solid names over a few top 10 fighters at his weight. He works with what he gets in front of him and demolishes all who stand before him. His technique and power our special to say the least. Although I think he has the goods I don't think he has cracked the top 10 PFP list just yet. Just one win over a bigger name at, below or above his weight class would catapult him past a lot of names on the list.

Comment

No, you have to beat good fighters to be in the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            No, you have to beat good fighters to be in the top 10.
            my point

Comment

Mayweather vs GGG at 154 to settle this P4P ranking I would pick GGG to knock Mayweather out . You see what people don't understand about pound for pound means if two people weighed the same who would win not that GGG hasn't fought.anyone as some say. If A low skilled Brawler Madaina beat him in fight 1 and had him running for dear life in fight 2 how can you rank Mayweather ahead of GGG cause if they weighed the same there's no way Mayweather wins

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                Mayweather vs GGG at 154 to settle this P4P ranking I would pick GGG to knock Mayweather out . You see what people don't understand about pound for pound means if two people weighed the same who would win not that GGG hasn't fought.anyone as some say. If A low skilled Brawler Madaina beat him in fight 1 and had him running for dear life in fight 2 how can you rank Mayweather ahead of GGG cause if they weighed the same there's no way Mayweather wins
                You got p4p confused with catchweights

If GGG n Floyd were naturally the same size he'd get his ears boxed off

Even maidana has fought better quality comp than ggg..Ortiz, may weather, corely, morales, kotelnik,Alexander, broner...

don't minimize maidana as a fighter either...he was knocking out everyone too til his opposition got stiffer. GGG ain't seen near the comp chino has.

He is awkwardly clever and has good power. Also improved under Garcia with his jab defense n technique

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

Even maidana has fought better quality comp than ggg..Ortiz, may weather, corely, morales, kotelnik,Alexander, broner...

don't minimize maidana as a fighter either...he was knocking out everyone too til his opposition got stiffer. GGG ain't seen near the comp chino has.

He is awkwardly clever and has good power. Also improved under Garcia with his jab defense n technique
                  No doubt Maidana has fought much better comp, but he hasn't always done well at a level below elite: lost to Kotelnik (GGG level comp), shut out by ho hum Alexander, lost to Khan, barely got by a triple shot, one eyed, fat Morales. Best wins over the 2 biggest hypejobs in the past 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

Floyd would get his head knocked clean off his shoulders if they weighed the same and fought GGG. That is indeed what P4P is about - who beats who if everyone were in the same weight class. Nothing to do with the catchweight that Floyd made Canelo do.

Comment

Working...
                    X