Apple shares fall on fears of slowing sales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Continue1UP View Post
    Here's some info for you, chew over that:

World’s best-selling smartphone: Apple iPhone 5; iPhone 4S #2, third place Samsung Galaxy 3 brings up rear

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 · 9:03 am

According to Strategy Analytics’ latest research from their Handset Country Share Tracker (CST) service, Apple’s iPhone 5 became the world’s best-selling smartphone model in the fourth quarter of 2012.

Apple’s iPhone 5 smartphone model shipped an estimated 27.4 million units worldwide during the fourth quarter of 2012. The iPhone 5 captured an impressive 13% share of all smartphones shipped globally. In addition to the iPhone 5, Apple shipped an estimated 17.4 million iPhone 4S units for 8% smartphone share globally in Q4 2012.

Apple’s iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S are currently the world’s two most popular smartphone models.

Apple’s iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S together accounted for 1 in 5 of all smartphones shipped worldwide in Q4 2012. Strategy Analytics estimates Samsung’s Galaxy S3 was the world’s third place smartphone model, shipping 15.4 million units globally, for 7% market (unit) share in the fourth quarter of 2012. According to Strategy Analytics, “global demand for the Galaxy S3 appears to have peaked and Samsung will surely be keen to introduce its rumored Galaxy S4 upgrade in the coming weeks.”

Global Smartphone Shipments & Marketshare by Model in Q4 2012
    Strategy Analytics: Global Smartphone Shipments & Marketshare by Model in Q4 2012

Notes: Numbers are rounded. Updated total.

Source: Strategy Analytics

MacDailyNews Take: You know, because Apple is doomed.
    Again that still does not account for what the target was. The I Phone 5 has sold very well, however it is disappointing compared to what was predicted. The market share of Apple went up or down because of sales.

To compare to Samsung is fine, but again Samsung has a lower market share to account for the lower sales.

Tim Cook didn't answer if the I Phone 5 has sold less than expected and his answer could be used by a fisherman selling tuna.

You haven't answered anything either.

Has the I Phone sold less than expected? Yes or no?

Comment

Yeah.

My friend works for Vodafone and he said nobody buys iphones anymore they all want S3's

Comment

Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
        Again that still does not account for what the target was. The I Phone 5 has sold very well, however it is disappointing compared to what was predicted. The market share of Apple went up or down because of sales.

To compare to Samsung is fine, but again Samsung has a lower market share to account for the lower sales.

Tim Cook didn't answer if the I Phone 5 has sold less than expected and his answer could be used by a fisherman selling tuna.

You haven't answered anything either.

Has the I Phone sold less than expected? Yes or no?

What target was that? The one analysts made up?

Comment

Originally posted by Continue1UP View Post
          What target was that? The one analysts made up?
          I never said Apple specifically did I fool. Again, Apple decreased the production because demand did not meet what was projected.

Simple manufacturing son.

Apples shares are down.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            Yeah.

My friend works for Vodafone and he said nobody buys iphones anymore they all want S3's
            My friend at Verizon told me exactly that same thing.

Comment

Working...
            X