No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Rips Mayweather's Claims Over Negotiations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Rips Mayweather's Claims Over Negotiations

Promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank has ripped into the recent claims that were made by Floyd Mayweather Jr. During an interview with fighthype.com, Mayweather claimed that "nobody" had reached out with respect to a fight with Manny Pacquiao. Last year, Golden Boy Promotions and Top Rank were publically disputing whether or not any actual negotiations were taking place for a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight. Arum had claimed that Ross Greenburg, president of HBO Sports, was the middleman between Top Rank and Mayweather's manager Al Haymon. Richard Schaefer, CEO for Golden Boy, told BoxingScene.com in several interviews that "no negotiations" had ever taken place.

[Click Here To Read More]

"Yesterday I was lying, today I'm telling the truth"

Comment

crook arum just owned his self.

"Why the hell should we reach out to Al Haymon when they have constantly said that they're not interested in fighting? Let them call us. … I'm not going to reach out to them like I'm chasing them."

just like you sent a contract with your damands to be met (and ONLY your demands to be met) by a certain amount of time & if not the fight is off.....

this guy is a flip flopper, A lier, & a cheat.....why do so many pac fans trust the guy is beyond realty.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post

"Why the hell should we reach out to Al Haymon when they have constantly said that they're not interested in fighting? Let them call us. … I'm not going to reach out to them like I'm chasing them."

just like you sent a contract with your damands to be met (and ONLY your demands to be met) by a certain amount of time & if not the fight is off.....

this guy is a flip flopper, A lier, & a cheat.....why do so many pac fans trust the guy is beyond realty.
        if there was the version of the truth that we should be wary of, its from Arum!

Comment

Exactly!!

Comment

Ask Zab Judah. He knows whats up.

Comment

"Why the hell should we reach out to Al Haymon when they have constantly said that they're not interested in fighting? Let them call us. … I'm not going to reach out to them like I'm chasing them. But if they said to a responsible newspaper or somebody responsible, 'We want to fight Manny Pacquiao,' I would make the call."

This sounds like B.S. All of it actually but there are key things that
              make his story unbelievable of them wanting the fight. Arum actually
              said, why should he reach out to Al Haymon? Um...because that's
              Floyd's people and if you want to make the fight, Haymon has to be
              involved. Then he said the only way he would know it is real is if
              Floyd said to a responsible newspaper that he wanted to fight Pacquiao?
              Arum is a promoter and a promoter's job is to get the best fight for his
              fighter. Sounds like Arum is still very bitter with regards to Mayweather.
              I don't believe that he really wanted to make this fight and if you don't
              beieve me, then just ask Arum. I could have sworn that Arum said
              that if Floyd wanted the fight then he has his number but now he saying
              he would make the call if Floyd told a newspaper that he wanted it with
              Pac? Weak excuse.

"It's not so much that I give a damn whether this fight happens-- I don't -- and for me it's not the greatest experience doing a promotion with Floyd Mayweather," Arum said. "But not to do this fight would slow down the momentum of boxing."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4672323

Comment

I realized recently that most of these Asian non boxing fan Pac Stans use to be in love with Enrique lgesias until Pacquiao came along. Their Martyrs who take on the criticism for their "Hero", not for the love of the sport but for the love of their man. You see, It's all about preserving the illusion you know...the fantasy.

Last edited by Eastbay Giant; 02-03-2011, 03:53 AM.

Comment

im a little confused on all the arum hate. i mean, i get that ALL promoters are liars, but if he has chased the fight several times and it seems clear to me that he is the only one doing the chasing, then what is the problem with him saying that when floyd wants the fight, floyd can let someone reputible know, THEN arum will make the call.

he's a busy man. no reason to chase a fight only one participant wants.

And im not crazy enough to say that pac > pbf or pbf>pac. theyre both amazing and i think it would be a true 50/50 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWestGrand View Post
                    I realized recently that most of these Asian non boxing fan Pac Stans use to be in love with Enrique lgesias until Pacquiao came along. Their Martyrs who take on the criticism for their "Hero", not for the love of the sport but for the love of their man. You see, It's all about preserving the illusion you know...the fantasy.

You seem to have an obsession with black men are you ok?

Comment

Working...
                    X