Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing The Future of Scoring: The Cortez 20/20 System By Joe Cortez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really what they should do is have cameras looking from each judges angle, thus allowing to see what they see both for the purpose of fans understanding what each judge actually sees and then to use that to grade the judges.

It is hard to judge judges based on a much different angle which could lead to seeing a much different fight especially one time through.

Plus judging is very subjective in nature anyways and there will be widely different views even viewing the exact same thing, even with trained judges.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      8 ft ladders and 70 year old men? fu-kk me to god damn tears. that sounds safe. just have the judges watch the television feed for big fights.

have them judge from the top of a dunk tank.

they **** up a score, down to the water they go. or piss. the tank should be filled with piss.
      Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 10-04-2012, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        8 ft ladders and 70 year old men? fu-kk me to god damn tears. that sounds safe. just have the judges watch the television feed for big fights.
        It's actually a stroke of genius on Cortez's part!

Old men aren't going to be able to climb ladders. That will drive the old, blind, senile judges away from boxing, and will make room for younger and more competent judges.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea that just needs a few tweaks and would be good to go. I like it.

Comment

The Cortez system, 20-20=ZERO.

Cortez is at it again is he........ He's not content with messing things up in the ring.

How could anyone know how many punches he'd MISSED, unless he knew exactly how many there were. And if there was someone who DID know, why wouldn't all the judges be sitting in similar spots??

Sounds like a typical "Tortoise and Hare" race to me.

Having judges in glass booths above the action, like commentators are in other sports used to come up every 5 years or so. I think the last time was about 10 years ago, and also mentioned the electronic fencing system as the only accurate one.

I don't know why they keep rejecting it, maybe tradition, and the very personal aspects of a one-on-one boxing match. It would result in more punches being counted.
            Last edited by edgarg; 10-04-2012, 06:32 PM. Reason: accidental item

Comment

Open scorecards to the fighters and people until round 10 if its a 12-round fight.. I think thats the solution. And would make boxing more entertaining.

Comment

Didn't refs used to score fights back in the day? How come they got rid of that? (Excuse my ignorance)

Comment

Working...
                X