No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shaw Expects To Beat Top Rank, Golden Boy For Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shaw Expects To Beat Top Rank, Golden Boy For Bradley

Despite having one fight remaining in their official contract, and reports of a "free agent" tug of war, promoter Gary Shaw expects to continue his working relationship with WBO/WBC junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley (27-0, 11KOs). The 27-year-old Bradley earned $1.1 million for dethroning Devon Alexander (21-1, 13 KOs) in Saturday night's HBO televised bout at the Pontiac Silverdome. It was his 12th fight under Shaw. Bradley signed with Shaw in 2006.

[Click Here To Read More]

shaw better show tim the money.

Comment

dont see the tug for tim he doesnt bring money i think he will go to gbp they have all the 140 pounders

Comment

shaw is a fat useless 2nd rate promoter i hope Tim signs with GB they will give him Real money

Comment

The only reason for Bradley to sign with Top Rank is to get a shot at Pacquiao. If he was smart, he'd fight Khan while he still has his contract with Shaw and then go to Top Rank. GBP might try to black mail him though and say that they'll only have Khan fight him if he signs with them which would suck. He should be able to choose whichever promoter he wants to sign with.

Comment

I hope he stays with shaw. Guys develop a name and then go to a powerhouse. Then the "leagues" develope. If he got 700k for Abregu, then he's getting money. He broke a mil for Alexander.

I think with Shaw he can fight GBP and TR fighters and not limit himself.

Comment

Gary Shaw is a good promoter, it is just that he doesn't have the money to compete with either GB or TR.
              I'll tell you though he isn't afraid to put his fighters in tough fights. In my opinion much better promoter than Dibella and Goosen.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                The only reason for Bradley to sign with Top Rank is to get a shot at Pacquiao. If he was smart, he'd fight Khan while he still has his contract with Shaw and then go to Top Rank. GBP might try to black mail him though and say that they'll only have Khan fight him if he signs with them which would suck. He should be able to choose whichever promoter he wants to sign with.
                sounds right to me. or he could finish his contract w/ shaw then go to goldenboy. with goldenboy he has a chance of landing khan and mayweather. goldenboy sounds like the better bet

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                  Gary Shaw is a good promoter, it is just that he doesn't have the money to compete with either GB or TR.
                  I'll tell you though he isn't afraid to put his fighters in tough fights. In my opinion much better promoter than Dibella and Goosen.
                  what?

Shaw is a horrible promoter. alexander/bradley at the silverdome was horrible. the promotion for that fight was horrible.

the only good thing shaw did was milk more money from the owner of the silverdome and HBO than the fight deserved.

If timmah is smart he'll try and get a fight with Khan. He'll have to give khan and GBP options on his next 3 fights, cause that's how Khan and GBP roll, they are biitches. Timmah should give up the options to both, but Timmah should demand that the only boxers he will face where they get money from him is against Maidana, Ortiz, and a rematch with Khan.

Then Timmah can fight wifebeater for one fight (wifebeater can be represented by anyone he wants... GBP or King) and Timmah can sign with Goosen for one fight.

Once Timmah gets out of the GBP and Khan options, he needs to sign with Top Rank fast to get his shot at pac, cotto, etc.... Maybe Top Rank will be able to get him a fight with berto too.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                    My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Working...
                    X