Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Lennox Could Be Ranked Top 3 (snapshot of an era)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    Joe Calzaghe beat Chris Byrd in the AMs.

That makes Joe HW champ. :shootself:
    that smiley is classic!

Comment

Originally posted by IronMike. View Post

So you are left with:
      Vitali Klitschko
      David Tua
      Razor Ruddock
      Frank Bruno
      Ray Mercer
      Erasing names are we? As I told Sonny you can do this with any resume' in boxing. There is a damned question mark over every single big win Ali had; from Frazier being blind in one eye to Listons true age and mafia connections. Its a nasty can of worms and its unfair. This is why I judge resume's on face value, because there is a story behind every win/loss if you look hard enough.

Holyfield was way over the hill
      In 1999 Holyfield was the best Heavyweight in the world without a question.
      His losses to Rahman and McCall should keep him out of the ATG top ten. I would place him in the 11-20 range
      The fact that he avenged all his losses is why you should keep him IN the top 10. Only full-time HW champ to accomplish this.

Comment

The Ali Era
        1. George Foreman atg-prime
        2. Sonny Liston*2 atg-past prime
        3. Joe Frazier*2 atg prime
        4. Floyd Patterson hof past prime
        5. Ken Norton*2 hof prime
        6. George Chuvalo
        7. Jerry Quarry
        8. Earnie Shavers hof-prime
        9. Jimmy Young
        10. Ron Lyle hof-prime
        The Lennox Era
        1. Evander Holyfield atg-past prime
        2. Mike Tyson hof-very past prime
        3. Vitali Klitschko prime-hof?
        4. Riddick Bowe
        5. David Tua
        6. Razor Ruddock
        7. Tony Tucker
        8. Frank Bruno
        9. Ray Mercer
        10. Tommy Morrison
        Do you see the difference?
        Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
        Erasing names are we? As I told Sonny you can do this with any resume' in boxing. There is a damned question mark over every single big win Ali had; from Frazier being blind in one eye
        Its not the same thing. Even if the eye story is true (Futch said he never knew anything about it), it didn't stop Frazier from achieving what he did. We can prove the Frazier was still an elite fighter, so the eye thing isn't really relevant
        to Listons true age and mafia connections. Its a nasty can of worms and its unfair. This is why I judge resume's on face value, because there is a story behind every win/loss if you look hard enough.
        Liston was well into his forties when he fought Ali, but that didn't stop him from being the terror of the hw division
        As for the mafia thing I think both of his fights with Ali are strange, but I can't prove anything so I have no choice but to accept them as above board, when evaluating Ali's resume
        In 1999 Holyfield was the best Heavyweight in the world without a question.
        That may be true, but he was still far from his prime which ended with the Moorer fight. He looked terrible against Bowe III and Cryz, the reason he beat Tyson was because Tyson allowed him to only fight for around 50 seconds of each round. That was his last win over a fighter above B level
        The fact that he avenged all his losses is why you should keep him IN the top 10. Only full-time HW champ to accomplish this.
        If he avenged losses to elite fighters sure, but he avenged losses to people he had no business losing to in the first place. What does it mean to avenge losses to fringe contenders?
        Last edited by Toney616; 02-15-2011, 08:04 AM.

Comment

The Lennox Era
          1. Evander Holyfield
          2. Mike Tyson
          3. Vitali Klitschko
          4. Riddick Bowe
          5. David Tua
          6. Razor Ruddock
          7. Tony Tucker
          8. Frank Bruno
          9. Ray Mercer
          10. Tommy Morrison

When you trash Tyson's resume you also trash Lewis's resume. You say Tyson wasn't very good, but then you list him as a good win for Lewis. Tyson also beat Tucker, Ruddock*2 and Bruno*2

Comment

Working...
          X