No announcement yet.

I know whats happening

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    He beat de la Hoya and is/was the best boxer. Add in the fact that he has a polarizing personality and it was a recipe for success. Canelo has none of those wins or attributes.

1. He has no big name victory.
    2. He is not the best.
    3. He has no personality.

Mayweather and Canelo are two totally different commodities. You can't look at what one did and think it will work for the other. Nor should you assume that's their new angle. What they did has no spin. They just didn't want to fight golovkin at the moment and possibly ever. There is no long game and it won't garner any further interest by pulling this move. This will actually hurt him in the short term because people are disgusted by his actions.
    Like it or not Canelo is the biggest name in boxing right now. He doesnt have to have to biggest names or biggest wins. the boxing world is focused on every move he does right now. If you dont think every move De la hoya makes is for making this fight bigger idk what to tell you cause in the end boxing is a business and they will do what they must to fill their pockets. Remember that crowd and group that has been calling canelo a coward for ducking GGG just doubled in size and guess what they will be spending their hard earned cash just as well as the loyal fans will for this fight. more $$$$ more PPV buys bottom line

Comment

Maybe Canelo isn't personally afraid to fight him, i don't think many fighters are afraid to fight other fighters, but this is a huge business and he's Golden Boy's only big money fighter they have left. They're trying their hardest to make him the face of boxing. They already got him schooled by Floyd and had to rebuild a bit. The last thing they want is the possibility of him laid out on the canvas aired across the world anytime soon.

Canelo could want the fight and scream for it until he's blue in the face, Golden Boy still won't put their only cash cow in there with GGG now. That's why Oscar has been talking about "marinating" stuff like he's Gordon Ramsay. Although i suspect Canelo isn't that keen on it either. It's not happening anytime soon either way, let's just forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
        my point is still that is not about what fans like. Haters will still contribute to the PPV i can guarantee you that. if you look at canelos page hes got people left and right calling him a coward and chicken etc. You dont think he knew that this was gonna happen? he knew this was a bad look and some people would turn against him. Now those people will tune in this fight when it happens evenmore so than before. Bottom line they are doing what they think will sell the fight. Its all greed all the moves are calculated
        you don't understand haters dude. When you are great and people pretend otherwise, those are haters. They watch all the time because deep down they know how great you are. You have to be polarizing to have haters

Canelo is not great, he isn't polarizing and doesn't have haters like Floyd. People are just disgusted with what he did. They are so disgusted that they will not buy the fight unless its GGG-that doesn't improve Canelo's negotiating position.

I think the opposite could happen with fans turning away and not buying the GGG fight, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          He beat de la Hoya and is/was the best boxer. Add in the fact that he has a polarizing personality and it was a recipe for success. Canelo has none of those wins or attributes.

1. He has no big name victory.
          2. He is not the best.
          3. He has no personality.

Mayweather and Canelo are two totally different commodities. You can't look at what one did and think it will work for the other. Nor should you assume that's their new angle. What they did has no spin. They just didn't want to fight golovkin at the moment and possibly ever. There is no long game and it won't garner any further interest by pulling this move. This will actually hurt him in the short term because people are disgusted by his actions.
          I agree with you 100% EL -Blanco.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            you don't understand haters dude. When you are great and people pretend otherwise, those are haters. They watch all the time because deep down they know how great you are. You have to be polarizing to have haters

Canelo is not great, he isn't polarizing and doesn't have haters like Floyd. People are just disgusted with what he did. They are so disgusted that they will not buy the fight unless its GGG-that doesn't improve Canelo's negotiating position.

I think the opposite could happen with fans turning away and not buying the GGG fight, but I could be wrong.
            No you aren't wrong, you're 100% correct. It's guys like this that are coming up with these Game of Throne theories that are wrong. They suddenly think that ODLH is some great businessman. The same ODLH that didn't want Canelo to take the Lara fight. ODLH knows Canelo isn't that good. When it comes to Canelo, Oscar has always been about low risk high reward. My prediction is that his next PPV (sans Mayweather or Pacquiao) does 97k type numbers, forcing him to fight GGG in May. I'm not even sure he fights on PPV next.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              I agree with you 100% EL -Blanco.
              People really underestimate how important being the best is when it comes to viewership. It's why people watch djokavic in tennis, used to watch tiger in golf, and currently watch Lebron and curry. People want to watch the best in anything even if they don't regularly follow the sport. That was a big part of Floyd's success along with the other things I mentioned. Canelo just isn't in a position to capitalize on any of the things that made Floyd a star.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                just get people to dislike you. you dont need to know english to do that. Just put up a front your scared to fight a certain fighter and ppl will want to see you lose . That what mayweather accomplished . The majority of People watched his fights in hope of seeing him get knocked out and you know it
                what im trying to tell you is that canelo doesnt have what it takes to "get people to dislike you". 99.9% of his fan base is from mexico. and the .1% such as yourself is defending this move. so again, how can he get people to dislike him?

Comment

i tell u what s happening right here !! insider ... pure

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=711816

"CANELO" aint one of us... plain simple !

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                    Maybe Canelo isn't personally afraid to fight him, i don't think many fighters are afraid to fight other fighters, but this is a huge business and he's Golden Boy's only big money fighter they have left. They're trying their hardest to make him the face of boxing. They already got him schooled by Floyd and had to rebuild a bit. The last thing they want is the possibility of him laid out on the canvas aired across the world anytime soon.

Canelo could want the fight and scream for it until he's blue in the face, Golden Boy still won't put their only cash cow in there with GGG now. That's why Oscar has been talking about "marinating" stuff like he's Gordon Ramsay. Although i suspect Canelo isn't that keen on it either. It's not happening anytime soon either way, let's just forget about it.
                    Wait a second man. Oscar works for Canelo, not the other way around. Golden Boy needs Canelo waaaaaaaaaaay more than Canelo needs Golden Boy, plus Canelo isn't strictly Golden boy (he has other partners and his own brand, his own team, etc etc).

The reality is, and I know some people don't want to hear this, If Canelo tells Golden boy to make the Golovkin fight, the fight happens. Oscar isn't Canelo's boss.
                    Last edited by ИATAS; 05-19-2016, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
                      what im trying to tell you is that canelo doesnt have what it takes to "get people to dislike you". 99.9% of his fan base is from mexico. and the .1% such as yourself is defending this move. so again, how can he get people to dislike him?
                      so wrong . id say up to 40% is from US

Comment

Working...
                      X