Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Golovkin: De La Hoya Calls Loeffler, Fight Negotiations Begin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
    Ring, Ring...

Oscar: Can i get an 8 ball delivered, oh sorry..wrong number

Ring, Ring

Oscar : We want 155, 90-10 split, sparring gloves, head gear. And the venue will be Canelo's back yard. Oh, and no punching in the face.

Loeffler : Bye Oscar.
    hahahaha.

If GGG gets $5 mil gurantee and a 75/25 or 70/30 split on ppv, then that should get the fight made.

Comment

Originally posted by HIGHNESS View Post
      Oscar: I offered 10% of the PPV buys, fight at 154 lbs, no belt, but he said no, we tried.
      Or a flat 2 million dollars with no ppv cut.

Comment

Smh...

You morons just don't get it, do you? What you have to realize is that Oscar is the best promoter in boxing. After this fight gets made, he will OFFICIALLY be KING of boxing promoters. As a fighter, Oscar only knew how to fight the best. Every fighter does not have those kind of BALLS. Oscar has one of the best resumes in the history of the sport. He does nto protect his fighters because he wasn't a protected fighter. Understand? Oscar is pissed off. Canelo is pissed off. That means GGG, YOU'RE NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of the BS you Fanboys talked. All of the BS Abel Sanchez's landing strip mustache talked. I cannot wait for this fight! On this site, a lot of y'all root for all of the wrong fighters and people. You're a bunch of villian, wannabe tough guys. I am going to be laughing real hard when the fight is announced. Go back and hide behind your keyboards, idiots.

Comment

Hope it's 160... Anywhere, any place!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Do you think Lemieux could make 155? I think Lemieux would be a problem for Canelo @ 160. I think Oscar would rather someone like Timothy Bradley or one of the Charlo Bros. in Houston!
            Lemieux has weaknesses, lacks intangible but dude is a butcher fighting with two axes, he's a problem if you can't keep him at bay, Canelo would and probably stop him IMO, but you're right, too risky.

One of the Charlo bro is 6'0 and hit like a 168 pounders, I mean the one who koed Brundage, never can tell if it's Jermell or Jermall, now way they throw Candela with him.

Too much risk, not enough reward.

They would probably do a Cotto rematch at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by bluzi View Post
              Risky , Canelo is not a beating Lemieux that easily , if he loses the story ends , a lose to Floyd is OK , but to a guy like Lemieux is crushing to your Elite image.
              You're right, the best move for them might be a Cotto rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I think Oscar is corny enough he thinks his calling line was genius marketing. I think this fight gets made in Sept. or they will need for the WBC to get really crafty for Canelo to keep his belt til May. I think there is a ****show awaiting for Canelo & Oscar if this fight doesn't happen next. And Canelo saying he's cool with 160, but maybe that his team isn't is gonna throw the blame on his father/son trainers &/or Oscar & have bad karma on Canelo himself which will be a f#cking problem for them & probably more of a problem then they are willing to take on. Curious to see how this all goes doe.
                They might vacate and find another fight, rematch Cotto.

Milk the cash cow for two years then make the superfight in 2018, Canelo is still growing up, GGG is getting old past 35.

They will find an excuse, say GGG has only fought bums and so shoulda agreed to 155 wich GGG won't do.

Oscar knows Canelo might have the qualities to beat GGG, but he also knows GGG is an animal and we don't know yet GGG's limits since unlike Canelo, he hasn't been really tested and has been crushing contenders for a decade, Oscar knows being a world amateur champion GGG is far from being a one dimensional dumb fighter.

It will be a "do or die" fight for his cash cow Canelo so they will wait as much as possible.

A loss to GGG isn't a teaching sparring session with Floyd but a real butt kicking.

Comment

They could play this game until both are about to retire. Sounds familiar?

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                    They might vacate and find another fight, rematch Cotto.

Milk the cash cow for two years then make the superfight in 2018, Canelo is still growing up, GGG is getting old past 35.
                    Man I just have a hard time seeing Canelo fight anyone other than GGG & remain unscathed by media & fans. There are worse things then losing a fight.

The more time that has passed with GGG getting overlooked by Sergio & then Miguel & now Saul I think GGG's status has risen & you just can't continue to ignore him like he doesn't matter. Or at least you can't without becoming the Caneloweight version of Danny Garcia, Adonis Stevenson or Kell Brook avoiding the challenges that most everyone feels they should be taking on.

Canelo could become the biggest joke in boxing not because there is a Khan-like gif of him after a GGG fight, but because he didn't fight GGG when he should have which is right now. I mean Floyd is a legend & there was clearly issues that were going on at the time with making the Manny fight that Floyd had little to no control of, but his rep still feels the damage of the Manny fight not happening in 2009/2010 when both were at their peaks.

Comment

You all saying they'll give GGG 30% of they money are delusional. I believe they are going to offer him 20% tops.

Comment

Working...
                      X